corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tonights - South Central Meet ... Was a good laugh

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tonights - South Central Meet ... Was a good laugh
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   4th Mar 03 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a lot better than I was expecting when I set out from home...

I took off down the M4, and pulled in at a lay by on the A33 off of junction 11 to wait for the reading convoy to come down... I would of had no idea where the hell I was going without following White Corsa SRI... cheers,

By the way, why is your name White Corsa Sri 8v when its a 16v?

Anyway, 4 of us pulled up into the car park with adam p turning up literally seconds later. We all got out of our cars in the freezing cold rain and said 'Hi' and worried about whether or not the turnout would be just 5 cars.

After talking for a while about what we had done with our cars and stuff, a few more corsa's started appearing... followed by a few more corsa's and finally Painz's Mini... There must of been about 12 - 15 cars there ? at this point... Spoke to a few more people and checked out some of the cars, engines, and ice installs then we all moved to the KFC carpark.

Stupidly I was the only one to park my car in the bay the wrong way around, so you had a line of corsa's facing one way and then mine facing the other, so I decided to turn it around (it's been far too long since I've done any reverse parking heh) - I made a bit of a cock up of it, but got it in there totally parrellel in the end

To which someone said "You been driving long"

Some people got food, some people tested and displayed their ice, exhausts and engines. At one point someone in a corsa (who isn't off the site) pulled up and said 'Hey, I just drove past and saw you lot all here, so I thought I'd come over and ask how low you reckon I could drop my car on these alloys' - A quick mention of the site and he said he'd join up.

The strange thing is, some people seemed to disapear... e.g. Painz? I saw him round where we all parked up at first, then he was gone... And others like CorsaKitten? and a few more...

I think because of the weather some people just wanted to head off. We saw adam p head off and then White Corsa Sri (Adrian) suggested the idea of a game of bowling...

Sounded like it could be a good laugh so a group of us headed over there to have a game... Some others said they had to get up early the next day... so headed off.

I promptly informed them all that I sucked majorly at bowling, which they didin't like much when I got a strike on my first ball ... but as I expected it went downhill from there on (damn twice, broken/fractured in 3 middle finger)... but it was good all the same.

At a lot of these corsa sport meets, you don't really get to know anyone - You just look at the cars, say hi, have a quick chat then go home. Here I was actually getting to know people and they seemed like really nice guys... The idea of 'Corsa Sport group nights out' cropped up and sounds like it could be a laugh.

In the same way CruiseQuest.co.uk basically has all its hemel / watford members go out on Cruise-quest nights out at pubs and clubs and stuff on a weekly date / time.

Would be cool to have a load of the corsa lot go as a group to a club or something, would help build the community up a bit more than it is now.

Anyway, we finished bowling (I didn't win, I didn't come last either), Dan is it? lost - and we all went to head home, I was following White Sri back and S1MON was behind me until we got to a roundabout which White Corsa Sri decided to go round twice... and then I got a phone call saying 'where did Simon go?'

I kept up with White Corsa Sri and as we went along the A33 we came to a roundabout where there was S1MON pulling out... So I was now behind S1MON which was probably for the best since mine was a 1.2 16v SXI and his is a 1.6 hehe, wouldn't wanna be held responsable for holding people up...

You guys put your foot down a fair bit, to which I was keeping up with (or at least trying to)

I was slightly worried about the 'SPEED CAMERA' signs that were every 5 meters... but I thought 'well I'll see it flash on you guys first, so I should be safe' ...

We powered on until we got to some slower traffic, and then sat behind them till it got to dual carriageway... To which White Corsa Sri floored it with S1MON right up behind, and me still behind the traffic slowly building up revs getting ready to 'attempt to catch up'...

S1MON drew along side of him and I watched them slowly (was quite suprised that there wasn't Too much difference) away...

I watched my speed build and build - foot to the floor, until my car seemed to not want to go any faster... I don't know what your speedo said (probably something odd since u have bigger alloys) but mine was showing 110mph...

Thankfully you guys were holding it steady at about that speed so I wasn't left behind hehe...

Then we came up to the M4 roundabout and white corsa sri turned left, S1MON went straight across and I went right...

Got home, was a good laugh... A lot better than I expected. I expected perhaps 5 cars and us to just look at them shortly then go home. White Corsa Sri had a point when he said 'I was doubtful that you were going to come', because to be fair, I never had any intention to. Though I felt that I may feel I was missing out if I didn't, so went.

We should definately do some stuff other than standing in a car park as a Corsa Sport Group, would be a good laugh I reckon and you'd probably get to know people a lot better.

Thanks,

Paul J

[Edited on 04-03-2003 by Paul_J]
Hintz

4th Mar 03 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright mate, Call the life story innit

Would help if i actually had a car!
Paul_J

4th Mar 03 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, wanted to kinda post what happened, so people who left early know what happened late... I've been reading far too many cruise reviews aint I?

hehe... Was bored, thought what the hell might as well write a long post.

Tis a shame the nova wasn't there, I want to see how fast that actually is.

Paul J
Hintz

4th Mar 03 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What my beast?

There will be other chances mate

And by the time you see it will be running mental BHP
Andy_J

4th Mar 03 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hintz:- You dont get "Mental BHP" out of a Nova Diesel. End of story.

Sorry to everyone for not coming, I had already driven to Basingstoke twice, and also to Newbury today for work, so I was totally knackered.

And now I cant fookin sleep!! Its 020 and Ive got to be in Newbury again at 07:10. And its an Hour and a quarter drive. Doh!

Neeeeed to sleeeeeeeep!! zzzzzzzz
Paul_J

4th Mar 03 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Adam

4th Mar 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I turned up seconds later cos I'd been sat in the other carpark waiting for you to arrive for 15mins
Paul_J

4th Mar 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe probably partly my fault as they had to meet me in a layby and stuff heh
Ojc

4th Mar 03 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ghey
Steve
Premium Member

4th Mar 03 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GHEY
Joff

4th Mar 03 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw you and waved, but you ignored me.
vibrio
Banned

4th Mar 03 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Ghey
Joff

4th Mar 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Ghey

SilverSport1.4

4th Mar 03 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was quite a good night. We must pick a warm dry night next time tho!!
PainZ

4th Mar 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was kinda annoyed i went over to speak mate and u all went

so i was like ermm where you gone

so me mate decided to go home so i thought i would follow him after 5 mins of sitting in the car park,

i felt kinda stupid in me sisters mini but there was a few nice corsas there =]
S1MON

4th Mar 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summer is the word for the evening!!
Paul_J

4th Mar 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doh... we had been standing around there for a while and there were dick heads doing hand brake turns near by... so we didn't want police to think we were 'together' with them... so white corsa sri said to everyone 'shall we all move over the KFC car park - we could also get something to eat while we're over there'

I did notice quite a few cars disapeared when we all moved...

I saw you turn up, you came over to us lot looking at S1MON's car and then never saw you again hehe...

Paul J
PainZ

4th Mar 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah :/

guh i woulda came kfc! i was well hungry

Well hopfully ill have me car back soon (end april start may) so i will be able to come up with a corsa too
S1MON

4th Mar 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep summer meet is definatly the way forward
PainZ

4th Mar 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah all depends on when me dad gets back form Iraq!

Got me number plates made up today

looks minted
AdiSRI

5th Mar 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup wen its warm and dry we'll have to make it a regular thing, if a few more turn up it'll be a mint evening!!!!
DanSport

5th Mar 03 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I lost the bowling... bad knee you know!!
Ojc

5th Mar 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will come next time.
S1MON

6th Mar 03 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer you better beeatch

[Edited on 06-03-2003 by S1MON]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tonights - South Central Meet ... Was a good laugh 22 database queries in 0.0170698 seconds