corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » paperclip test results!! Help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author paperclip test results!! Help needed
dalejones

User status: Offline
5th Nov 09 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first off i got a corsa B 1.6 sport fitted with a c20xe late type (coilpack) had a few problems with it and done a paperclip test these are wot was shown first it read out
1,2 1,2 1,2
which i dno wot it is because top buzz says 'Initiation of diagnosis.'
Then it reads
1,5 1,5, 1,5
which topbuzz says coolant temp sensor? how do i replace that ?? then it reads out
3,1 3,1 3,1
Which reads Engine RPM signal (crankshaft sensor) how do i go bout changing this?? need help
johnhara1

5th Nov 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore 31 if you didn't have the engine running when you did the test it will always show up.

15 - Looking into the bay it's on the left hand side below the rad pipe that goes to the thermostat. It's very easy to change, just screws out and new one screws in.

They're about £10 from vauxhall. You may need a long socket to remove it, think i used a spark plug socket for mine.

Check the wiring before replacing the sensor though, the movement of the engine can break the wire so check for splits and breaks first.

[Edited on 05-11-2009 by johnhara1]
dalejones

5th Nov 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks mate! would that fault cause my engine to miss all the time and cut out?
johnhara1

5th Nov 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the engine management light come on when you're driving it or did you just flash the codes for the sake of it?

If it is cutting out, it may be worth trying another crank sensor aswell. They're a common failure.

Try clearing the codes (battery off for an hour) then drive the car until EML comes on.

Then do another Paperclip test with the engine running and see if it still says crank sensor?
dalejones

5th Nov 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite ok il try that na i did a paperclip test because wen i put my foot down wen drivin it misses like a bitch and the eml light comes of for like 10 seconds then goes off, but just drove the car now and the eml is constantly on now
DaveyLC

5th Nov 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only one worth worrying about there is the coolant sensor.. If thats failed it will cause cold or warm starting problems, plus lump idle .
dalejones

5th Nov 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite just been out an had a look and one of the wires on the cts have come apart rite where the wire goes into the plug so im gna have go get a new plug bit and recut the wires into it, glad i found that problem!
dalejones

5th Nov 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope this solves the missing problem aswell!
johnhara1

5th Nov 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Told you

New Poll