corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speakers crackling.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speakers crackling.
Root

User status: Offline
21st Oct 09 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just got a new head unit, when I turn the speakers up to about volume 35 my speakers start to crackle, they're not cheap, £60 60watt rms JBL door speakers. They used to go louder with my older head unit, it crackles on the bass notes. Are they fooked or is it the head unit?

I have only "installed" the speakers with tape and not soldered yet as it was a quick job, anything to do with it maybe? Also it's possible I got the wires the wrong way round? they're just coaxial speakers though.
alan-g-w

21st Oct 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got this exact problem, see when you change the balance to the front two speakers only, do they sound like they're being muffled? That's what happens with mine.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Oct 09 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speakers cannot handle the power of the head unit

better speakers needed
Root

21st Oct 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, they sound crackling, not muffled.

my old head unit was 50wx4, my new head unit is 45wx4 so I don't believe this to be true, thanks anyway graham.
Kevxx

21st Oct 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pos/neg are mixed up

It'll be noticable in higher end mostly, tweekers will be the give away the most.

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Kevxx]
Root

21st Oct 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
pos/neg are mixed up

It'll be noticable in higher end mostly, tweekers will be the give away the most.

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Kevxx]

okay, thank you very much. I'll swap the cables and see if I get better results...if one speaker had neg/pos mixed up, would it affect the quality of the other at all? because both sound rancid when turned up loud atm. Usually they can take that punishment...

it makes the worst noises on the bass beats...I have my woofer to do the bass but you just hear crackling from the speakers on the bass beats too.

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Root]
finch515

21st Oct 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you just wrapped the speaker wire around the speaker terminals? Or have you used any type of connector? I think the problem is the connection to the speaker. I would solder them on and give them a try. If the wire is just wrapped round, there could be only a small part of wire connecting.
Root

21st Oct 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright, cheers mate. I'll solder them up tomorrow then and see how it gets on...Fucking hate soldering -_-

My idea though is that the newer head unit is...making the speakers like it, I'm looking for an output amp for my pioneer head unit that I was using before the output amp went on it.

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Root]

New Poll