corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hey what do you all reckon to this???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hey what do you all reckon to this???
Paul_J

User status: Offline
   28th Feb 03 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was reading in my mag about trackers and saw the post about caz's car being nicked and thought... I could make a tracker device - but just without the tracking shit inside...

they look simple enough, and my dad runs a production company which designs and makes units out of metal (e.g. mass produced things for BT etc) ... I could probably make up a box which looks like a tracker - put in a Fake LCD display and a red flashing led or something (to make it look like it is alive and not a dead box) - and then put it in my car where the ashtray is, and get some clear window stickers that say 'Warning Thief, X Make of Tracker Device is Fitted to this car' across the bottom of the windows (in black)...

Do you reckon this would put any theives off?

Even if it looks like it could be fake, is it really worth the risk to try and steal a car where it may be real ... when there are plenty of cars out there with nothing at all on them!

Of course it'd be best to buy the real thing but thats £199 + £100 installation + £99 / a year or 1 off payment of £299

£598 is quite a lot to spend...

Anyway, what are your opinions on this? if I did make one and it did look pretty genuine I'm sure I might be able to make a couple more for a small fee if anyone wants one?

Paul J
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Feb 03 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you start doing them for other people, word gets about on these fakes and BAM, your shit gets nicked.
Paul_J

28th Feb 03 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True True...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

28th Feb 03 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even though 598 is alot to spend, all depends on how much you love your car, if you have put alot of hard work/money into your car to look good, you'd be happy to spend 598 on the unit.
Paul_J

28th Feb 03 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh but its £598 I do not have... and if I did I would be spending on other things e.g. Decent front spoiler, Decent Rear, Decent Exhaust System - Insurance! - perhaps save for engine conversion??

If I had a load of money, I'd happily spend the money on it because I wouldn't want to lose my car
DaveC

28th Feb 03 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

598 for a tracker, or 5000 for a new car? i know what i'd rather go for before fitting spoilers and engines... just my opinion tho
Kris TD

28th Feb 03 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave mate, im from ware, wat car u got?
Paul_J

1st Mar 03 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh but Dave I think you've missed the point of the topic... Im not saying you shouldn't get trackers or whatever, I was asking whether you thought having it look like you had a geniune tracker setup would deter criminals...

yes 598 for a tracker when the car cost me £4000 + all my mods seems cheap... but I'm broke... as in I have about £280 in my bank account hehe... I've Got insurance coming up quite soon.

Whats the point of having a 598 tracker system installed if I can't drive the car because I can't afford insurance...

Paul J

New Poll