corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 09 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been on my diet for like 10 weeks now, weights for last 4. the time really does fly

And, people saying how thin u look, etc etc, just makes u crack on even more

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Cosmo

6th Oct 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont want to look thin I was to look like I brought it.
Hammer

6th Oct 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I'll join in with you bunch of fags and give you all a showing up at how much I can bring it.

I need new dumbbells anyway the york ones I have are fucking chronic.
Dan
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, im far from thin, but im becoming slimmer than i was, im still around 18% BF.

Im more an avg size now, but im starting to tone up, which is awesome

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
--DAN--

6th Oct 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, what is your menu for this week?
DizzyRebel

6th Oct 09 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Im due to end 28th December, can see that getting extended in to the new year though so sure it'll still be mentioned on here as long as we stick at it!

You do know the results will plateau shortly after finishing the programme? Its designed for the 90 day period and no longer, so to do it again or extend it wont yeild extra gains.

the best thing you will do is take what you have learned about diet from it then begin to follow a conventional bodybuilding programme otherwise you wont continue to grow.
Cosmo

6th Oct 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Im due to end 28th December, can see that getting extended in to the new year though so sure it'll still be mentioned on here as long as we stick at it!

You do know the results will plateau shortly after finishing the programme? Its designed for the 90 day period and no longer, so to do it again or extend it wont yeild extra gains.

the best thing you will do is take what you have learned about diet from it then begin to follow a conventional bodybuilding programme otherwise you wont continue to grow.

Out of interest, have you read any of the pdfs before making that comment?
Marc

6th Oct 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, what does the pdf say for after the 90 days?
DizzyRebel

6th Oct 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Out of interest, have you read any of the pdfs before making that comment?

No but, its just like any other rapid weight loss/transformation circuit. ive seen the exercises and programmes and they dont look like mass building exercises.
Pop

6th Oct 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you up the weights after the 90 days but follow the same programme surely you will continue to grow?

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by Pop]
DizzyRebel

6th Oct 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
If you up the weights after the 90 days but follow the same programme surely you will continue to grow?

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by Pop]

Not that simple, if it was id be looking like arnie by now! Your body gets used to the same exercises day in day out, theres only so much weight you can add to the bar before you plateau in that lift and cant up the reps/weight anymore. Your body will physically stop growing and improving anymore. Its at that point where a programme like p90x will become obsolete for your goals and you will be using programmes like 'huge in a hurry' to break through your weight and strength plateaus.

P90x is fine for beginners to get a fast track entry into bodybuilding/personal fitness, but thats all it is - a first step, after that you will seek other methods to attain further self improvement.

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Pop

6th Oct 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to know, thanks for explaining.
Tom G

6th Oct 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it would become abit tiresome after a while plus its made to quickly lose weight and tone, so you wont be able to carry it on expecting to get bigger as you would need to train different and a different diet.
Pop

6th Oct 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the past I have been fairly fit in terms of health, for example, I ran a half marathon this year without too much problem.

I've always been skinny though and am looking to put on weight and bulk up a bit muscle wise. At 6'3" and just under 10 stone I must have a high metabolism.

As a beginner I'm going to do the p90x. As far as supplements go I'm just looking at something I can buy easily on the high street as it is a pain getting things delivered.

What do you think of this as a supplement?...

http://www.maximuscle.com/progainextreme
Tom G

6th Oct 09 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The CNP stuff is pritty good
Try for some Propeptide stuff.

I know people who have had quite good gains off the cyclone stuff that maximuscle do

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by Tom G]
DizzyRebel

6th Oct 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
I think it would become abit tiresome after a while plus its made to quickly lose weight and tone, so you wont be able to carry it on expecting to get bigger as you would need to train different and a different diet.

True, these results are also down to the fact that most of the people doing it have never set foot in a gym or thought about diet at all in their lives. The results are so good because the drastic change in food has made their body run as its supposed to, and the drastic change in physical activity has forced the body to adapt to the increased workload by growing more muscle. The same thing happend to me in my first 6 months of weight training at the gym. I lost my beer gut through the much better diet i was eating and i put mass on because i was asking my body to do something it had never done before.

After that honeymoon period though, everything slows down. Your body becomes used to the workout and diet change and suddenly the rapid transformation slows down to a crawl. Its at that point you need to look at changing your programme.

The body can only grow 1.5-2lb of lean mass per month if you train your cock off and eat perfectly, and P90x is far from the required stimulus to attain maximum muscle hypertrophy.
Pop

6th Oct 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did anyone need to buy dumbells? If so, which did you go for?
Paul_J

6th Oct 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, there are many people who have done several 'rounds' of p90x...

So there are some people who have done it again afterwards with results.

There is also p90x 'PLUS' - which was another further series to push you further (which was also on my dvd I sent out lol) - they're insanely extreme... so can't imagine anyone doing it until after p90x anyway.

Thing is, I really don't want to get 'BIG'... a bit of muscle gain would be good, but I just want to be ripped / toned / good shape / six pack etc. Therefore I think p90x is ideal for me.

Whenever I went to the gym people were telling me this and that to get 'big'... but I just find people who are 'big' as in muscular, can often just look 'Fat' - especially when they have baggy clothes on.

I want the slender, toned, bigger than average muscles, but not huge - look.
Cosmo

6th Oct 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meant to reply to this before but forgot.

As Paul said, included in all this is another type of workout/plan which goes beyond this, although that wasnt what I meant when I said extending.

I meant I may extend certain phases of this depending on the results I am seeing, as is suggested in this. Im not talking months, Im talking maybe adding a week or two extra MAX, hence how it could take me in to the new year.
Paul_J

6th Oct 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom G

True, these results are also down to the fact that most of the people doing it have never set foot in a gym or thought about diet at all in their lives.

That's not true either...

p90x is supposed to follow a program called p90, which was another healthy eating diet and loads of exercises... p90x is designed for people who have got fit with p90 and want to take it to extremes with p90x.

This is a guy who didn't start with 'no muscle' in the first place and continued it for 400 days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZciY7ymPmU&feature=player_embedded
DizzyRebel

6th Oct 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He got good results, but most of that was from diet more than anything. Plus he looks to have plateaud somewhat in his 1 year to 400th day pictures.

Like i said, its just a good way of getting you into good eating habits and training intensely. But there comes a point where dumbell circuits and pullup bars just wont cut it anymore for adding mass. Some people may like the avearge size they get with p90x, but if your like me you will want more and thats where you will need to go over to traditional bodybuilding regimen.

I might actually do this, just to see if it will work on someone like me whos used to using bigger weights. Anyone got a link for DL they could pm me?
Paul_J

6th Oct 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll send you u2u Dizzy...

That's fair enough Dizzy, I personally don't want to be any where near as big as that guy in the vid above, so I'm happy to just gain a bit of mass, lose fat and get toned.
Paul_J

6th Oct 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holy shit what a change... watch all the way to the end (to jan 2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxZb7gdc8Tc&feature=rec-HM-r2

shame she's got a ugly face.
J4M13

6th Oct 09 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say im a similar bodyshape as that Josh when he first started, he already has abit of shoulders/arms/chest development before he started.
In my mind and own personal opinion, what he ended up with just after the 90days is the perfect body and i would be chuffed to bits if i got anywhere near that with p90x.
Paul_J

7th Oct 09 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 more dvd's posted - I've run out of dvd's now.

1. mikenocorsa
2. loafofbrett * PAID - POSTED
3. M4tt_Envoy * PAID - POSTED
4. JM Curdy?
5. ljames555 *PAID - POSTED
6. Andy_sxi * PAID - POSTED
7. DannyP * PAID - POSTED
8. jim_r1 * PAID - POSTED
9. Pop * PAID - POSTED
10. jaffa * PAID - POSTED
11. captain_rosco * PAID - POSTED
12. allza * PAID * POSTED
13. JohnnyR

[Edited on 07-10-2009 by Paul_J]

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » p90x - UPDATED - Getting ready to start round 2 - ish. p97 24 database queries in 0.0234640 seconds