corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PS3 vs Xbox 360?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PS3 vs Xbox 360?
Bart

User status: Offline
29th Sep 09 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im considering buying an Xbox 360 Elite with a couple of games, but this would be my FIRST console.
The only reason im considering it is because ive been offered it for £100 from a friend who needs the cash.

I already have a blu-ray player in my Popcorn Hour C200, so I dont need that, but I was wondering how the quality of games compare to the PS3?
Bart

29th Sep 09 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s I dont wanna start a flame war
Half Pint

29th Sep 09 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you just want a console to play games and its cheap then why not?

remember you have to pay for online gaming which you don't on the ps3 but it's only around £40 per year....

i'm a playstation man myself but for that price you cannot argue!
Nath

29th Sep 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100, get it bought.
jezza

29th Sep 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 360 and PS3 are hardly different in terms of games, and that is a proper bargain, buy it before I do!
danny_vx

29th Sep 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I originally had a 360 (old one) and traded in for ps3.. had the ps3 for a year and then traded it back for a 360 elite.
Xbox 360 wins hands down for me.
dannymccann

29th Sep 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both consoles are prone to some sort of hardware issue as well. I find the controllers better than the PS3. Games are similarly priced nowadays whereas before PS3 used to be more expensive I think.

The only real downfall of the 360 is the Gold subscription, if you look around online you can get it for £25 instead of £40 direct from M$
Adam_B

29th Sep 09 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you pay to play online with the 360 but in return its much better service aparently.
Sunz

29th Sep 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say the 360 is a better machine for gaming.
You pay for 360 on line but it's a lot better then the Playstation network.

I don't think the ps3 has really lived up to expectations, I am a PC person now but given the choice I would get the 360 having just sold my ps3.
dannymccann

29th Sep 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
you pay to play online with the 360 but in return its much better service aparently.

Not had much chance of going on my dads PS3 online but he has a better connection than me yet still lags all the while all over the place. Doesnt seem as seamless with going through menus, takes forever to download game settings etc on CoD.

The PS3 does have WiFi built into it which is a plus as well
Bart

29th Sep 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done
Im gonna snap it up tomorrow.

Is there anything I should also look at in terms of mods/hacks/media centers etc?
Marc

29th Sep 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 for me, but I wouldn't say no to an Elite for £100.
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for games xbox is better. alround ps3 is better if gaming isnt a priority.
Nath

29th Sep 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had both. And rate both. However I sold my 360 and kept the PS3. Blu Ray, built in Wifi Adapater, free online, quieter, lighter controls, and less prone to crashing won it for me. I had 3 Xbox360's in less than 2 years due to faults. I've had my PS3 for 23 months and its never gone wrong. But for £100 I'd snap his arm off.

[Edited on 29-09-2009 by Nath]
GREG 1

29th Sep 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I had both. And rate both. However I sold my 360 and kept the PS3. Blu Ray, built in Wifi Adapater, free online, quieter, lighter controls, and less prone to crashing won it for me. I had 3 Xbox360's in less than 2 years due to faults. I've had my PS3 for 23 months and its never gone wrong. But for £100 I'd snap his arm off.

[Edited on 29-09-2009 by Nath]

Same here mate, when my xbox had the 3 red rings I gave up with it and got a PS3 and I must say I haven't looked back what a fantastic console.

If you didn't have the good deal mate I would say a PS3 but for that price, go with the Xbox
LeeM

29th Sep 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i traded my 360 in for a ps3. games look better on ps3 (imo of course) its wireless and has blu-ray (which i use lots, watched 3 or 4 bd's a week since i got it) and online is free, but xbox live is that bit better.
the controller feels much better to me, and has the advantage of having its own internal battery.
some great ps3 exclusives like metal gear solid, little big planet, uncharted and gran turismo coming soon.
as you can see theres pro's and cons for both
Nath

29th Sep 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xbox Live is/was better. But I went round a mates the other day and it appears to have changed to some sort of 3d character thing. Looked childish to me. And Gamerscore annoyed me on the 360. My mates buy shit 360 games JUST to get easy gamerscore. GAY!
LeeM

29th Sep 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Xbox Live is/was better. But I went round a mates the other day and it appears to have changed to some sort of 3d character thing. Looked childish to me. And Gamerscore annoyed me on the 360. My mates buy shit 360 games JUST to get easy gamerscore. GAY!

yeah, ive got a friend with 50k gamerscore and majority of it is from piss easy, shit games.
at least if you look at someone with 20 platinums you know theyve got 100% on 20 games
Nath

29th Sep 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And they do shit like kill themselves 100 times just to get 20 points. Fuck that.
LeeM

29th Sep 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And they do shit like kill themselves 100 times just to get 20 points. Fuck that.

MoesTavern

29th Sep 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bear in mind that multi-platform releases still tend to look and perform better on the 360 for some reason, The PS3 has some high-profile exclusives but all of them have been disappointing thus far (IMO of course) Uncharted 2 is getting some massively positive reviews however.

The 360 isn't flawless, there are loads of things I don't like about it (paying for online, no wireless out of the box, no HD movie playback, ridiculous price for hard drives, everything having to be proprietary) but I'm still of the opinion that it's the better GAMES machine.
Nath

29th Sep 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't agree with your first statement. I had COD4 for both, at the same time too, and the PS3 version was definately smoother and looked better. I'll agree it is a better games machine overall though, just not for that reason. It has a better online community and you get a free headset with an Xbox so the chat is frequent. That's what'd swing it for me.
MoesTavern

29th Sep 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? COD4 runs totally smoothly on my 360, it must run like absolute butter on the PS3 for there to be a noticeable difference.
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had cod4 on both, no difference at all. looks exactly the same and plays exactly the same.
Bart

29th Sep 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can the 360 Elite be chipped or modded?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll