corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Plus.Net


New Topic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author Plus.Net
WATSON
Member

Registered: 16th Jun 05
Location: Fife, Scotland
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone with the above for internet and home phone? What do you rate there service?

Thinking of making the move from talktalk to plusnet since my contract is up for talktalk.
dalatk
Member

Registered: 26th Feb 08
Location: Tyne and Wear
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work for them mate
its good like if u live in the right area u can get broadband linerental and anytime calls for 21.94 ;]
WATSON
Member

Registered: 16th Jun 05
Location: Fife, Scotland
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate im in the same area as of the exchange too
Bart
Member

Registered: 19th Aug 02
Location: Midsomer Norton, Bristol Avon
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DalaTK, what do you do for them?
Ive been with Plusnet for many years, right from the early days and seen them grown into a great company with top notch customer service.

I dont have the phone with them (purely because we dont use the home phone), but I have several broadband accounts with them and many domains now hosted via Plesk.

[Edited on 18-09-2009 by Bart]
WATSON
Member

Registered: 16th Jun 05
Location: Fife, Scotland
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bart who do you have ur phone with? if i could get away with broadband without a homephone that would be ace but i need a line as theres no cable
Rich H
Member

Registered: 26th Oct 05
Location: West Sussex Drives: E46 M3
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with them purely for ISP and can't fault them
Bart
Member

Registered: 19th Aug 02
Location: Midsomer Norton, Bristol Avon
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT mate...
11 a month BT, 30 a month plusnet (I have alot of GB added onto my normal contract)
Sunz
Member

Registered: 12th Jan 07
Location: SE England
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
I'm with them purely for ISP and can't fault them


I was with them and I couldn't fault them either
Was a nice forum to use if you had any problems.

(Didn't have an unlimited package at the time so went else where)
WATSON
Member

Registered: 16th Jun 05
Location: Fife, Scotland
User status: Offline
18th Sep 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
BT mate...
11 a month BT, 30 a month plusnet (I have alot of GB added onto my normal contract)


I'm getting phone and internet for 20 with unlimited usage also
dalatk
Member

Registered: 26th Feb 08
Location: Tyne and Wear
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
DalaTK, what do you do for them?
Ive been with Plusnet for many years, right from the early days and seen them grown into a great company with top notch customer service.

I dont have the phone with them (purely because we dont use the home phone), but I have several broadband accounts with them and many domains now hosted via Plesk.

[Edited on 18-09-2009 by Bart]


they have just started a new outbound sales campaign
so sales really =/ lol
but it alright like because your selling something that u know is good so it makes it abit easier.

and watson it doesnt matter how close you are it depends on how many poviders there is in your area. if there is more than 3 then u can get it for 5.99 a month. if not then its 5.99 for the first 3 month.

check here
https://www.plus.net/apps/signup/standard

[Edited on 19-09-2009 by dalatk]
dalatk
Member

Registered: 26th Feb 08
Location: Tyne and Wear
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
Bart who do you have ur phone with? if i could get away with broadband without a homephone that would be ace but i need a line as theres no cable


you can have just your broadband line rental and free evening and weekend calls from only 16.94

by the way if you get it then refer me ;]
atkinson90

[Edited on 19-09-2009 by dalatk]
WATSON
Member

Registered: 16th Jun 05
Location: Fife, Scotland
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dalatk
quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
Bart who do you have ur phone with? if i could get away with broadband without a homephone that would be ace but i need a line as theres no cable


you can have just your broadband line rental and free evening and weekend calls from only 16.94

by the way if you get it then refer me ;]
atkinson90

[Edited on 19-09-2009 by dalatk]


Yeah but thats with 10g usage isnt it?
Rich H
Member

Registered: 26th Oct 05
Location: West Sussex Drives: E46 M3
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlimited still won't be 100% unlimited tho tbh - none of them ever seem to be these days. All dictated by that peak time crap.

I'm on a 15gb package, but have exceeded it a couple of times so now pay a couple of quid extra per month and am on a custom 17gb per month package
John
Member

Registered: 30th Jun 03
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go to o2 instead of plusnet, unlimited and no bandwidth throttling.
Bart
Member

Registered: 19th Aug 02
Location: Midsomer Norton, Bristol Avon
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Unlimited still won't be 100% unlimited tho tbh - none of them ever seem to be these days. All dictated by that peak time crap.

I'm on a 15gb package, but have exceeded it a couple of times so now pay a couple of quid extra per month and am on a custom 17gb per month package


it REALLY is unlimited... 100%, no fair usage policy, no limits.

They just (openly) cap your speeds at peak times. But its about time unlimited ment unlimited.
John
Member

Registered: 30th Jun 03
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it only LLU that's really unlimited?

You still might as well go with o2, that's really unlimited and they don't cap speeds.
dalatk
Member

Registered: 26th Feb 08
Location: Tyne and Wear
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its 10 but if u did your downloading between midnight and 8am its unlimited then and there is no fair usage policy
WATSON
Member

Registered: 16th Jun 05
Location: Fife, Scotland
User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 is a no go as i need a phoneline aswell
Toby
Premium Member

Avatar

Registered: 29th Nov 05
User status: Offline
20th Sep 09 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sky maxd, thats unlimited, up to 20 meg and 5er off it you take there line rental.
WATSON
Member

Registered: 16th Jun 05
Location: Fife, Scotland
User status: Offline
20th Sep 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been on phone to sky they need a active bt line my lines with talktalk
poole
Member

Registered: 12th Oct 03
Location: Sheffield, UK Drives: 2.5 v6 Calibra
User status: Offline
20th Sep 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work for them up until a couple of months ago (I left of my own free will BTW completely unbiased opinion ).
Few things you should know:
- Their customer services are in india.
- If you want to use anything apart from web* and e-mail traffic your speed will be heavily slowed down. (*Download sites like rapidshare, megaupload etc. are restricted also)


If you can get Virgin cable in your area, go for that, I'm on 50MB with them and it's amazing. Check out the LLU providers in your area on http://samknows.com

Rich H
Member

Registered: 26th Oct 05
Location: West Sussex Drives: E46 M3
User status: Offline
20th Sep 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Unlimited still won't be 100% unlimited tho tbh - none of them ever seem to be these days. All dictated by that peak time crap.

I'm on a 15gb package, but have exceeded it a couple of times so now pay a couple of quid extra per month and am on a custom 17gb per month package


it REALLY is unlimited... 100%, no fair usage policy, no limits.

They just (openly) cap your speeds at peak times. But its about time unlimited ment unlimited.


I retract my statement then

 
New Topic

New Poll

  Related Threads Author Forum Replies Views Last Post
LOTS of donny pics Hagger General Chat 24 1178
19th Apr 04 at 09:12
by Joff
 
My Santa Pod pictures for 16-10-05 (last week!) willay General Chat 34 1107
24th Oct 05 at 19:59
by Martin_C
 
Battlefield 2 VipeR-X Geek Day 13 747
13th May 06 at 14:15
by Corsa Sport Gav
 
Former Glory Showcars......... (56k, modernise!!!) Daimo B General Chat 130 7221
6th Apr 07 at 13:29
by SVM 286
 
.Net Tutorials M4tt_Envoy Geek Day 13 367
23rd Jan 08 at 22:48
by Jodi_the_g
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Plus.Net 29 database queries in 0.0153999 seconds