corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FINALLY!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FINALLY!!
Robbo

User status: Offline
15th Sep 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8256279.stm

Real Madrid

Chelski

Man City

Man Utd

Liverpool

Tottenham

let's hope they don't balls this up ( )
Cosmo

15th Sep 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a load of rubbish. Rich owners will just create a company, pump all their cash in to it, then secure a sponsorship deal with their club for £100m a season or something stupid, and their would be nothing UEFA can do about it.

Anyway, he says all the clubs have agreed to it, so they all must see a way round it otherwise would just say no.
Nath

15th Sep 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the clown said.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Sep 09 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Besides, this isn't coming into effect for another few years, and City/Madrid et al will all have cooled their spending by then
Marc

15th Sep 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal still won't win anything
Cosmo

15th Sep 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus what % are they going to put on it? Our turnover was £160m in 2008, probably around £180m up to July 2009 and I expect well over £200m by the time this comes in.

So if its 20% of revenue we'd still be able to spend £40m net, even 15% would allow us £30m. Weve only spent over that net once in our history I think.
Nath

15th Sep 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2008?
Twiggy

15th Sep 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Plus what % are they going to put on it? Our turnover was £160m in 2008, probably around £180m up to July 2009 and I expect well over £200m by the time this comes in.

So if its 20% of revenue we'd still be able to spend £40m net, even 15% would allow us £30m. Weve only spent over that net once in our history I think.

Very expensive nets

I will get my coat.
Cosmo

15th Sep 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
2008?

Yeah, last accounts submitted to Companies House were for the year to July 2008. The next lot which will be available around May 2010 will be for the year to July 2009.
Robbo

16th Sep 09 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Benitez, whose Liverpool squad has the highest percentage of expatriate players in Europe - with 90% - fears the new domestic quota has been introduced too soon"

Cosmo

16th Sep 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
"Benitez, whose Liverpool squad has the highest percentage of expatriate players in Europe - with 90% - fears the new domestic quota has been introduced too soon"

Thats because they havent included the 5 or so kids we have who suddenly qualify as home grown next summer. We have more than enough as we have to match this quota for the CL anyway.

Its the teams like Blackburn and Bolton who will get screwed over with it being rushed in.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FINALLY!! 23 database queries in 0.0136521 seconds