corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X20XEV 2.0 16v Ecotec into Corsa - Anybody done this before who can share their knowledge with me???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X20XEV 2.0 16v Ecotec into Corsa - Anybody done this before who can share their knowledge with me???
GrolschWalsh

User status: Offline
   10th Sep 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, putting a 2.0 16v Ecotec into my corsa this weekend. I have nearly all the bits.

The engine i sourced had power steering, yet my car doesnt, so I removed the pump, but the problem i have is that the tensioner is mounted on the pump, and the corsa front mount goes where it was once mounted.

Now I have no way of tensioning the belt.

I looked into using a different belt that was a close fit, an alternator belt off a C16XE, which is too slack, but when you rock the alternator back around an inch from where it is usually set it seems to be about right, and so just need to extend the mount about an inch backward (as the standard one is fixed). Will this stop the engine itself from fitting properly?

How has anybody else come across this problem? How did you get around this problem? As I have suggested or any other way? Is there any other belt which will be a good fit, where i can take the mount off, put the belt on, push it back and bolt in using the original mount without modifying it?

I went to halfrauds earlier on and couldnt find a belt which is a close enough fit...

Oh and please no "bin it and put a redtop in" as i dont have the money to fork out on an engine at the moment!!!

Any help much appreciated!!!!

New Poll