corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Barndoor and Dans cod 4 experimentation post

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Barndoor and Dans cod 4 experimentation post
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Sep 09 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following on from danny b's thread regarding pro snipers, we conducted a short 10 min test.

Prior to test:

Dead center of screen was marked out, m40 sniper was used with steady aim, barndoor used r700 with steady aim

Test 1

Aiming at a sign with marked out mark on tv, directly at a mark on the sign with sniper from no more than 5 step back. Then at pointblank range.

The shots were not even close, even the PB shoots. no where near enough to even touch some1 from that distance, let alone half the map.

Test 2

With marks still on tv, we proceded to shoot at each other, over 15 shoots were fired before one of us was killed. Neither of us moved

Conclusion!

No matter how well u can see some1 on the otherside of the map, and no matter how well u can aim, u will never hit some1 unless ure eitherr lucky or cheating.

Test complete

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
BarnshaW

10th Sep 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this was a genuine test conducted under infinity wards supervision.
Dan
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We can officially say that this myth is .....

DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, well if you've done a test it must be true
Dan
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have discovered how his video has been made.

It has been chopped in half, and his gun is a live feed. The other part of the video is all fake

BarnshaW

10th Sep 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, it was just a test for the ps3, it is probably different for the PC, however i doubt its THAT much different and there is not a chance in hell that its possible (on the ps3 at least)
Dan
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, it may well be different on the PC, but if it is, it is extremaly unrealistic anyway

DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's tons of videos on youtube you can watch, and you'll notice it's only the snipers that are so accurate. Watch some pro's using normal weapons and it's much different. It wasn't the same guy in all the videos either.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a whole different game on PC, everything is different.
BarnshaW

10th Sep 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would like to try it out on the PC to be definate. im just saying IF the video danny posted was on the PS3 then it is impossible to do it. i cant comment on the PC as i have never tried it.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the videos I posted were on the PC.
BarnshaW

10th Sep 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u tried doing it danny, load up single player and try accurately shooting across the map with a sniper without a scope?
Dan
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cannot see how they can aim without scope and kill people from that distance. Ok they can kill through smoke with it etc, but without it, its impossible (on the ps3) to know where it will fire in 1 shot

DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's different, it isnt a standard game in tournaments. Everything is tweaked for a start, fps is very high, mouse sensitivity is very high, thats how the pan from one side of map to the other quickly. I know for a fact it's legit, if you want to beleive different that is up to you.

[Edited on 10-09-2009 by DannyB]
Dan
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny give it a try on ure pc version, id love 2 know how it goes on there

On cross fire, at the shop type area there is a yellow and blue sign. on the yellow sign there is a blue bar across it, with a yellow dot in it, aim at that dot without scope and see where it ends up

DannyB
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point, I wouldnt hit it. You could do things like this all day and never do it. Just watch more un-edited videos before you make your mind up, see some using normal weapons.

Watch this video. He's good but he misses a few times, hacks don't miss. This seems more realistic as it hasnt been sped up or edited much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzuCXLnqiE

Doug

10th Sep 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would work on the xbox tbh
JM Curdy

10th Sep 09 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread is evidence enough for me.
Dan
Premium Member

10th Sep 09 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
No point, I wouldnt hit it. You could do things like this all day and never do it. Just watch more un-edited videos before you make your mind up, see some using normal weapons.

Watch this video. He's good but he misses a few times, hacks don't miss. This seems more realistic as it hasnt been sped up or edited much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzuCXLnqiE

Im not denying its impossible, but im really not convinced.

If you cant hit a still target from a few steps back, while standing still. How the fook can some1 hit a moving target whilest jumping in the air.

Just doesnt seem possible. Because of the above, and also the fact u cannot tell where it will fire, every shot from point blank is different

New Poll