corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tints (help)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tints (help)
Rule 336

User status: Offline
25th Feb 03 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my windows tinted about a week ago, an wen i picked it up i noticed dat on the rear windows and tailgate glass there was an outline around the tints where the lil dots r jus b4 the black bands (3 door). The guy who tinted them said it needs time to dry into the dots an wen it does the outline will go is this true??? If so hw lng did it take 4 urs to dry out??

Thanx alot for any replies
Gavin
Premium Member

25th Feb 03 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bull shit... it drys straight away.. u will get left with the black dots u can see from outside... see troublesome's car... Under Help Mods Advice (My car pics (UPDATED)...

pew pew pew pewwwww
16VCorsa

25th Feb 03 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its not bull shit. I got mine done and after I had it tinted I was told not to wind the windows down for 7 days. My windows went all steamy and I could see naff all. All you gotta do mate is get a credit card and every so often just gently wipe the corners and edges of the tint from inside to outside. this will get any moisture out and stick the tint down. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get the tints to dry out properly around the dot matrix. But hey it looks great afterwards
OFcorsa

25th Feb 03 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much did you guys pay to have it done?
Gavin
Premium Member

25th Feb 03 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2-3 weeks.. its only soapy water behind not oil... it must have dried within a 2-3days but just didnt stick at first... u can still see where the dots are on my window if u look closely, cus ita a diff black... it isnt gna merge in totally if thats what the guy means...

OFcorsa - i tinted my windows myself, found it relatively easy u just gotta have patience (dont rush)... i get tints half price as well mate works at a shop, so all in all cost me a nice £23-24

since i was quoted £150 to do car...

pew pew pew pewwwww
Rule 336

25th Feb 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so ur sayin i will be left with dat outline then B19 GAV hw lng u had urs done?

Thanx 16VCorsa i will try dat an giv it anotha 2 weeks then..... can see on the tailgate glass where bits hav dried.... oh its called dot matrix i can stop callin it the dot thing nw

OFcorsa Got quoted £175 bt paid £160

Thanx 4 all replies

[Edited on 25-02-2003 by Rule 336]
troublesome

25th Feb 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can try pushing out with credit card it will make tints stick around dots a bit better but youll never get it to push out completely... cus logically one surfac is higher than other o its not possible... just dont press too hard mate, its not that hard to rip ya tints esp on those dots....

my advice is same as when ur tintin em ya self, spray some soapy water on tint and then use credit card on it, less chance of scratching or ripping your tint...
tical2003

1st Mar 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uve had tint fil put on just live with it , i bet they luk mint neway and i have the same dots around me window but wen u oin 6o on 17s wiv ur exhaust blowin like a vietnam prozzy and ur system bangin out hit em up by 2pac ,then ppl dont care ,and they cant evan see you flipin the bird.
Keeley

1st Mar 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah got mine dun my cousin tints windows and its a matrix round ur window leave it a couple of days and they with ur finger or cloth just wipe the matrix it shows up more cus its water still stuck under the tints mines not as bad now. hope that helps
Keeley

2nd Mar 03 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DOT Matrix:-

You may find that the tint will look white around the matrix on the quarter lights. This is because the film is still moist and will not stick on a raised surface. However, when the film have cured and the adhesive is at its full strength, just rub you fingers aroung the matrix and you will find that the whiteness will disapear.
Chris Bingham

2nd Mar 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the tints were done properly, you shouldn't need to push the edges down with a credit card. Take it back. Should only take a few hours to dry.
Keeley

2nd Mar 03 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more like a few days my cousin owns a company i had 2 wipe the matrix with a cloth after 3 days

New Poll