corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Johnny's daily driver - Combo (corsa-b)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Johnny's daily driver - Combo (corsa-b)
Johnny A

User status: Offline
17th Aug 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been on here a little while, I might as well show you guys my daily driver.

I bought it for £250 with a blown gearbox:

I bought a second hand working box for £30 and it runs fine. It's a N/A 1.7 diesel engine which although is bomb proof and reliable is dead slow - however upping the fuel pressure made it a little better!

I picked up some new FK budget coilovers at billing for £135 which IMO is a good deal, I also added some lower profile tyres and make the front as low as possible:

There is still plenty of arch clearance on the 13's but the coilover bodies bottomed out so I cut and welded the carrier brackets about 1.5 inches higher and wound the coilovers up to give the bodies some travel.

I relocated the rear beam so it sits above the leaf springs rather than underneath:

Picked up a 1.7 Turbo Isuzu engine from stroud on saturday, I bought the whole car for 99p!! The guy who was selling on egay was pretty pissed as you can imagine!! A towed it 1 mile down the road to a breakers where I removed the engine and all ancillaries then gave the breakers the rest. I then traveled to Swindon to pick up a spare omega gearbox.

When I got back I took a piccie:

LOW eh! Surprisingly even this low it drives very smoothly!

The turbo lump will replace the current 1.7 N/A engine, the engine itself is in pretty good shape apart from the turbo itself which suffered oil seal failure on the inlet size, the oil gunked up the turbine (effectively seizing it). I have bought a decent S/H turbo and cleaned up the engine ready for fitting.
steddy-eddie

17th Aug 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good, good price too, bet the bloke was pissed off at 99p, keep us all updated with the 1.7td lump, wouldnt mind putting a 1.7td lump in a nova. that is low, does it not catch
davieslim

18th Aug 09 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good ive got a combo for sale just now, was going to mod it but i really need 5 seats instead of 2
john_c20xe

19th Aug 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why have you made it so low? just looks like a van full of tools
Johnny A

19th Aug 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe
why have you made it so low? just looks like a van full of tools

Yes of course I know many vans with tools strapped to the bonnet to weigh the front end down
john_c20xe

19th Aug 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh.... nice one
Jamis

5th Nov 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm doing a combo project m8 and mine cost me £100 and runs mint plus only 80k on the clock.will try post up my project to but looking good m8

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Johnny's daily driver - Combo (corsa-b) 23 database queries in 0.0134828 seconds