corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cracked b pillars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cracked b pillars
jipp

User status: Offline
   24th Feb 03 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

washing my car yesterday i notices a line of rust on the b pillar. my heart stopped as my worst fear became reality. fecking b pillar is cracking.
how expensive is this to fix??
stuyw

24th Feb 03 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno m8, but it is a common thing on corsa B's and if it gets worse, it can fail the MOT
jipp

24th Feb 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm going to buy front and back strut braces on friday to see if that can slow it down for now. as i hjave spax shocks and springs it can only get worse cos the ride on the spaxs is very hard.

i have a bad feeling that it's going to be expensive to fix. at the moment the crack is tiny but it's growing by the day
paulr202000

24th Feb 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your car is under six years old then vauxhall will repair it for free! but after that i dont know how much it will be. But if you get someone else to do it ask vauxhall for a copy of the repair procedure off TIS as there set points to weld to stop it from cracking again.
Kris TD

24th Feb 03 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strut braces wont stop it now its started mate, if u weld it, then it cracks in anoth place, dont really think there is much u can do
daz145bhp

24th Feb 03 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i remember my mate corsa sri cracked the b pillars after 6 months of owning it he took it back to the dealer & welded the cracks up then they drill 2holes in pillar & fill it will expanding foam to stop it flexing any more
Kenni

25th Feb 03 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save your money on the strut brace. I have them front and rear and it will crack again.
corsakid69

25th Feb 03 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi jipp

iv got the same prob and its geting worse and worse.i called just nova's and corsa's and they quoted me £100 to get it welded ip and sprayed. i expected it to be alot more so im hapy and i takin it in soon to be done
Robertio_uk

25th Feb 03 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the same problem too, its been fixed 2 times and its just starting to crack now, the person who done it says he gets corsas all the time with this, so he welds a plate to slow it down a bit but still doesnt help :-(
StuartGee

25th Feb 03 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this true that if car is less than six years old Vaux will fix it for free? Just noticed my passenger side is beginning to go yesterday whilst washing it.
jipp

25th Feb 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

twat mines seven , eight this year , twat grrrrr arrrgh
d0gz_bollox

25th Feb 03 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you lot sure it aint just your paint thats cracked? it'll obviously have surfice rust if the paint has cracked.
K100RSA

25th Feb 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was told by my vaux dealer that the car has has to be under 6 years old and have a full vaux history.

lacky75

25th Feb 03 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank god i bought a 5 door (they dont suffer b pillar crackage) !!
STEvieXE

25th Feb 03 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they r glued with some sort of stuff from behind and welded at front. my m8s a painter and used to work in a Vauxhall garage. he said they got them all the time
anz

25th Feb 03 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is cracked, so what, i cant see the roof comin off or owt lol
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 03 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine redone by Greenhau Vauxhalls top guy, at a knockdown price at his own weekend bodyshop, it was done not long after I got the car, they cut a setion of pillar out and about 2/3 inches of the rear 3/4 panel, refabricate da whole new piece, strenthened it from behind and then rewelded the new piece over the top of the strenghtening beams, I havnt had ne other problems since. He also pulled out a huge dent I had in the rear 3/4, which needed to panel beaten and sorted some parking dents and a few rusty bits out on the sill for £180, which was really good
andy hirst

26th Feb 03 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just rub it down weld it and spray it. The MOT dude at vaux said if he cant see it, he cant fail it!

New Poll