corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Maybe getting a PS3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Maybe getting a PS3
Pete_vxl

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My xbox has broke and its away getting fixed and ive had enough of it. I'm looking into PS3's but i dont really know much about them. I know its like the xbox in the sense you get different GB packages but which is the best? i dont put anything on to my console apart from the games themselves so i dont think i need alot of space. Im also going to make full use of the blu-ray player aswell, is this only available in certain consoles or all?

thanks
Nic Barnes

2nd Aug 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blu ray on all. free online gameplay, but coming from an xbox you will find the online stuff crap in comparrison. you will benefit from having a games machine that doesnt sound like a 1960's tumble dryer though. i have both, much prefer the xbox.
bubble

2nd Aug 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
blu ray on all. free online gameplay, but coming from an xbox you will find the online stuff crap in comparrison. you will benefit from having a games machine that doesnt sound like a 1960's tumble dryer though. i have both, much prefer the xbox.

shut the fuck up barnes
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Aug 09 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm the opposite from Nic. But I do agree with online playing being that bit better, but I'm guessing the fact you have to pay for it will go towards that! All get the blu ray player.
Richardhhha

2nd Aug 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

older 60gb versions could play ps1 & 2 games modern ones cant,
online game play is still good, havent had any problems so far, keeps updating which is ok, can watch movies online if you wish whihc is great, web broweser easy enough to use.. only thing i found is that it sometimes freezes and has to be reset via the button on the console, and the controllers feel to light and flimsy other than that its ace.. plus best game is coming soon GT5

got a xbox aswell, play that more atm due to not having as good games out on ps3 feel they could strech the machines legs a bit when it comes to grafix

also you have the added fun of game score on the xbox which is a sad loss when it comes to the ps3 wish they had added something like that which didnt take up silly memory.. you can get games with "trophy" compatability on them but it just eats up your hard drive whih is shit.
Nic Barnes

3rd Aug 09 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I'm the opposite from Nic. But I do agree with online playing being that bit better, but I'm guessing the fact you have to pay for it will go towards that! All get the blu ray player.

no need to be a twat is there.
Richardhhha

3rd Aug 09 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

epic 6 page bitching contest between eck and nic to commence lol.. no offence nic but as soon as you post something with the words twat or similar about another member of cs its a epic tread afterwards..

[Edited on 03-08-2009 by Richardhhha]
Nic Barnes

3rd Aug 09 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
epic 6 page bitching contest between eck and nic to commence lol.. no offence nic but as soon as you post something with the words twat or similar about another member of cs its a epic tread afterwards..

[Edited on 03-08-2009 by Richardhhha]

the worst bit is, about 15 of them gang up against me all the time and its all for no reason. THUMBS DOWN
Pete_vxl

3rd Aug 09 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never use the online features of the xbox but i think the ps3 has all the stuff inside? so it just connects through wi-fi, is that right? so what gb am i better getting? Do all the console comes with the same software or will newer ps3's be better?
Nic Barnes

3rd Aug 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it connects via wireless to the internet. theyre all the same really just hard drive is different and some have less usb slots etc
andy1868

3rd Aug 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same software as they are all kept the same via the online updates

the only differences is as Nic said, size of drives etc, but bear in mind you can buy big hard drives for relatively small money now and have like 350GB if you really wanted (providing you have some technical knowhow)
Nic Barnes

3rd Aug 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
same software as they are all kept the same via the online updates

the only differences is as Nic said, size of drives etc, but bear in mind you can buy big hard drives for relatively small money now and have like 350GB if you really wanted (providing you have some technical knowhow)

yeah i think they can take 500 gig hd's? or something like that. i have an early 60 gig one and apart from filling it up with films and tv series to watch, its never been filled with games. i dont play the ps3 as much as i used to since i got an xbox. i just find the xbox better for all the online stuff. which is what i want out of a games machine. im not really bothered about a games machine being able to play blu rays or films etc.
andy1868

3rd Aug 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the limit on size is limited by the size of laptop hard drives (which are used in the PS3 for anyone that didn't know ) rather than the software, could be wrong though.

i've only ever filled my drive because i download demo's and then don't delete them i'm not using it as a media computer or anything like that so 60GB is plenty.

PSN is fine for online play, its just up for debate as to whether its as good as xbox live, buy not having much experience on live i can't really comment
Nic Barnes

3rd Aug 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a patch on live it really isnt. yeah actual online works fine. its all the inviting of friends, or talking to friends etc. its just rubbish at it.
Pete_vxl

3rd Aug 09 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the advice/help
Reecemac

3rd Aug 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much you selling the xbox for? mine got banned from xbl last year and just need a second one.
Pete_vxl

3rd Aug 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno yet mate, its off to xbox to get fixed, i have about 9 games, two controllers... would really have to see what other prices peoples are going for, might be better trading it in.

New Poll