corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Getting a phone changed over

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting a phone changed over
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
27th Jul 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hay all basicaly i renewed my contract with 3 and got a new C905+ have had it 4 months now.

2 weeks ago it decided to conk out (speakers went pop) so took it in to be repaired as this is suposedly a very very common problem for this phone.

got it back and the screen didnt slide down propperly, was told that its because its had a new spring and it just needs a little wearing in but was told by the store manager to bring it in, in about a week if it doesnt bed in..

well it hasnt, and now i have also found the camera button is been buggered around with, normaly a 2 stage button.. still is apart from it clicks when you press it fully and focuses then you have to push the button so hard you can hear the casing creaking and bending slightly and it will take a picture, also the phone now downst unlock as the button needed to unlock it decided to conk out, and its taking about 30 seconds to lock the phone as there is no option to speed this up or lock it manualy annoying as fook.

now the thing is the phones practicaly new and it is winding me up that is's this fucked so quick, is there any chance of changing the phone itself for a different phone as im liking the look of the N97 so wondering if anyone has done this before?

Rich
noshua

27th Jul 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When my brother had a contract with Orange for a few years, he used to go through a new phone (replacement through insurance) every 3-4 weeks, after the 5th or 6th time, he phoned up Orange and said he's sick to death of having to get it replaced (C902, SE's are shit for breaking) and wants a different phone, the lad on the other end gave him a choice of 5 phones. He was in about month 10 of an 18 month contract.

Best thing to do is to phone up 3 and ask, if they say no then start waffling on about how disgusted you are with their service and the fact that the phone keeps breaking, thus leaving you without the use of a phone for days at a time.
Jambo

27th Jul 09 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chances are slim they will replace it for a different model. Do you have insurance? Or just standard warrenty?

May be worth sending back to Sony themselves and get them to fix it. The c905+ shouldnnt experience speaker issues as that was supposedly fixed, hence the plus. We havent had any issues with the new ones here. You may have just been unlucky.

Its worth a try asking. The worst they can say is no.
Richardhhha

27th Jul 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got insurnce for it yep.

i already expressed my views with a store manager, as every time ive had a phone sent away for repair its come back ether with a gouge in the casing, or the csings have been scratched or broken...

this this is taking the biscuit tho as its only 4 months old and shouldnt be getting this fucked in that short a time..

i'll be popping into the 3 store later today to discus it with the manager as he seems a frendly bloke. got to wait for the bloody washing machine engenear to turn up...
kz

27th Jul 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone I've known to have this phone has had it break! So glad I didn't get it, if you do get another one try and get the W995...

Been prefect for me so far and haven't read any major issues with it.

New Poll