corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1998 S-reg Corsa Sport 1.6 16v subtle mods...

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 S-reg Corsa Sport 1.6 16v subtle mods...
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
25th Jul 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - Vauxhall
Model - Corsa
Engine - 1600
Mileage - 107k (currently less than that)
Price - £1000 ono
Year - 1998 (S plate)
Colour - Black
Condition - Average/Good
History - Some service history
TAX - 30.04.2010
MOT - February 2010

Location - Winsley, nr Bath
Contact phone number - 07818 505868
Contact email address - ashley.martin.x16xe@gmail.com

General information -
Just wanted to say this car is on sale from the 1st AUGUST

Background
Here we have for sale my Corsa Sport, I am selling because I have bought another car (Civic Type R ) I have owned the car for about 2 1/2 years - the previous owner was my friend's grandad who sadly passed away meaning the car was sat around doing nothing for a couple of months!

I have used this car as a daily drive and it has never let me down...

Modifications
My intention was to only use subtle mods with this car and not go OTT, here is a full list of the modifications:

• Inlet Manifold: (purchased from a user called "Flame" on corsasport) a good modification which changes the power band completely on this car and gives it a much better pull at higher rpm!
  • Pipercross Induction kit: gives a nice growl, was my first modification to the car!
  • Decat: removes the restiction of a normal catalytic converter however with this installed the car will NOT PASS AN MOT (the CAT comes with the car) this item is stainless steel and only 6 months old
  • Custom CatBack: purchased for £310 last year this is a stainless steel exhaust which was custom made (hence the price) it has a 2" bore and a 3" outwardly rolled tip! (The exhaust has 2 silencers so not too loud)
  • Eibach Sport Springs: lowers the car 50ml at the front and 25ml at the back (gives a good stance) these springs are very good and Eibach has a good reputation for suspension setups and this is no exception! Because these springs are progressive they are nice and soft when going slow (good for speed bumps!) however they tighten up when going faster!
  • Window Tints: Installed by 'Protint' last year, these are not too dark on the back and kept to the legal limit on the front - also comes with a sunstrip
  • ICE: The whole system has been upgraded (Headunit, Tweeters, Front speakers, Rear speakers, AMP & Subwoofer) This was carried out by a friend and myself so don't expect the most professional job! I intend to sell this uprated system WITH the car
  • Dials: I have also installed white lockwood dials, which in my opinion look much better than the standard ones!
  • Grille: I have removed the standard Vauxhall Grille and replaced it with an Irmscher Grille
  • De-badged: I have removed the badges from the rear of the car and the side
  • Clear Indicators: The standard orange indicators have been removed and replaced with Astra clear ones!
  • "XE Inside" sticker: I have also added a XE Inside sticker on the boot (this can of course be removed if the buyer wishes)

I'm sure I've probably missed things so please don't hesitate to contact me!

The car pulls well, it has surprised many bigger cars - I have been told that it could be between 120-130bhp but have never put it on the rolling road! A recommendation would be to purchase an exhaust manifold to go with the other modifications this would further increase power and pull even more

Bad points
Mileage: The mileage may seem high, however it is a 10 1/2 year old car so it's actually below average (12k a year average)
History: The car had only a small amount of history when I purchased it, as mentioned the previous owner had passed away! My friend's mum who sold me the car had no idea where he kept the paperwork although I do have the service book and receipts of work / MOTs / parts bought for the car!
Body: A common problem with Corsa's is the rust that they have around the rear boot in particular the wiper, and by the spoiler and this car is no exception. Although my dad has treated the area with anti-rust solution it still requires further attention! There is also a patch of the rust by the bonnet and the drivers door.
Aside from the rust and a few small dings (where people have opened their doors onto the car ) The bodywork is in good condition for it's age!

Another little niggly issue is the EGR Valve - again this is a common problem with these engines, sometimes when driving the engine management light comes on however there is no difference to how the car drives, if you turn the car off and back on again the light will go out. (I have had this tested about 3 times and it's always been the same thing)

Please see pictures below for what the car looks like:
Engine

Front

Side View (minus the stickers)

Rear (PLEASE NOTE THE REAR LIGHTS DISPLAYED ARE NOT THE ONES ON THE CAR)

Price - £1000 ono

No silly offers, or timewasters - you can contact me before to arrange a viewing however I will NOT BE SELLING the car till 1st August

Thanks for looking

[Edited on 25-07-2009 by S214_UPP]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1998 S-reg Corsa Sport 1.6 16v subtle mods... 24 database queries in 0.0122640 seconds