corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How long can you leave..........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How long can you leave..........
GREG 1

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 03 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your car radio on, neons on and any screens or whatever you have on / in your car untill without engine running untill the battery goes flat ??
SetH

22nd Feb 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many variables there m8, ie power consumption of your ICE, number of neons etc etc wouldnt like to hazard a guess.
GREG 1

22nd Feb 03 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok how about engine off and just radio on ??
SetH

22nd Feb 03 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember in my ibiza with a brand new battery the radio went for about 3 hours before it died, that was a cd headunit 800w amp & sub and front components on low volume. Washed the car with it on got distracted and forgot about it lol.
GREG 1

22nd Feb 03 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats good going !!

ive got a new battery now but on my old one if i was cleaning the car and had just radio / sub on for 30 mins id get a flat battery !

Havent tested the new one yet though.

Anyone else ?
Jamie

22nd Feb 03 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of sundays back at a local meet i left my 800w Sub/6x9s thumping with under-car neons on for a good hour and car started fine.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Feb 03 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my standard Vauxhall battery does me proud when i'm cleaning and polishing the motor though it's under a BIG silver tarpolin sleeping now
--------------------------------------
Yours Stoney CorsaSport Moderator/Organiser : Scotland

stoneyginger@corsasport.co.uk
Click here to sign up for Premium Membership
www.Stoneyginger.co.uk
Tim
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 03 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You battery is around 50Ah, so it can supply 50 amps roughly for an hour on full charge.

This is around 600-650W of power for an hour. So, if you run more than this, and you're maxing your stereo, then prolly about 40 mins before your car won't start....

I've done this before in a carpark when I was waiting for a shop to open (got their at 11am, didn't open til 12am) and I was far from home so wasn't gonna come back...

Was quite embarassing, couldn't even do my windows up

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How long can you leave.......... 22 database queries in 0.0080879 seconds