corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » boost controller. anyone mechanically minded please..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author boost controller. anyone mechanically minded please..
Jas

User status: Offline
10th Jul 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOOST-CONTROLLER-WHITE-BOOST-GAUGE-KIT-ANY-PETROL-CAR_W0QQitemZ200359524822QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2ea65bb9d6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:15|66:3|39:1|293:3|294:100 will this do the trick, wana raise my boost to 0.9/1 bar
crazybrightman

10th Jul 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, but on what/car engine?
manual boost controlers are a bit primative tbh but at boost setting should be ok depending on the above.
the cheapest tick is just use a pipe wth a hole inbetwen the wasgate actuator and pressure feed. it has the same results but slower spooling speed, it is free though!
idealy you want an electronic boost controller for fastest spool but they are over £100 so not really worth it unless the ecu has control of it.

[Edited on 10-07-2009 by crazybrightman]
Jas

10th Jul 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr2 turbo

I dont mind paying a little if its going to benefit lol

cant really afford electric
crazybrightman

10th Jul 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what rev? as they all have different boost limits the stock ecu's can take?
having said that none cut fuel until at least 1bar iirc so you should be fine, just dont go above that.
Jake

10th Jul 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yours is a rev1 or 2 so dont go above 1.1bar. above that and you'll need to look at getting a rev3 metal headgasket and look at the fuelling. Ive got a blitz dual sbc set at 1bar but ive also got a fuel cut defenser which is pretty essential. I wouldnt go above 1bar without knowing the fuelling is ok and getting a bigger intercooler especially on the rev1/2 engines

[Edited on 10-07-2009 by jake]
Jas

10th Jul 09 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So yeah I'll 100% need a new SMC prior to fitting the MBC?

I was gonna go 0.9 bar no higher, should still see an upgrade

ordered grade 7 plugs too
Jake

10th Jul 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate not 100% but id recommend it. once i fix my speedo im getting one of the ebay intercoolers, there about 109£ posted and heard good things on mr2oc. im still on the standard intercooler at 1bar and its been fine up until now but i dont drive around with a heavy foot all day long
Jas

10th Jul 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol I need to fix my speedo too, its always on 0kmph

I might just whack it up to 0.9 bar now then, and then 1 when I get my new inetrcooler
kz

10th Jul 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the same one I have Jas, if you look on the post I made today in general chat. Most people seem to say it's not a very good one... it certainly doesn't seem to make much of a difference lol. And people over three forums I've posted on now are still spilt between whether or not to use the bleed valve

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » boost controller. anyone mechanically minded please.. 22 database queries in 0.0054500 seconds