corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had me quote back for accident repair.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just had me quote back for accident repair.
Makarus

User status: Offline
20th Feb 03 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The work to be done is:-
New back bumper
New Piper Exhuast
New crash bar
Checking the tracking
Fixing all the rattles

Price Vauxhall gave me is - £758.19
I cant have a courtesy car because of my ages which I think is really shite, so I will have to put a claim in for taxi fairs to get me to college and work each day.

Also just got back from the car audio shop up the road, to replace my sub and amp that was also damaged they have quoted £290. Throw the taxi prices on top. Gonna come to about £1100. But the damage doesnt look that bad so the lad is gonna have a heart attack when I tell him the price to fix.

Here is the damage.

Makarus

20th Feb 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems a bit pricy to me to be honest for the work. Also gonna be in for 3 days, which means about a week. So I dunno what to do without me car, life has changed to a point where I need my car every day now.

Anyone know hire companies that will cover me for a hire car @ 17, Fully Comp, Full Licence. Much aprreciated.
DanielJ

20th Feb 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

told u, u prob wont get a curtesy car, wudnt it be easier 2 jus get the crash panel sorted then take it frm vaux buy an aftermarket bumper then get it sprayed up?
DanielJ

20th Feb 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy my 4" sportex backbox for £80 delivered an ur laughn
Matty J

20th Feb 03 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1100 to sort it all out!!

I'd have a heart attack if i was the lad aswell! Damage only looks minor.

Matt.
Makarus

20th Feb 03 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I may consider it, thing is I promised the place that gave me the quote for sub/amp/box that I would put the exhuast business their way if they fiddled my quote a little so that I am getting a better sub out of it all.
DanielJ

20th Feb 03 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its up 2 u bud jus let me no, only reason y its goin cos it dun sit tidy due 2 me deep bumper
Makarus

20th Feb 03 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right I see. Well mine will be replaces with a new one and I will be selling mine on, only slight damge to it, just scratched a little on the end. So I will be selling it on. I just thought if its in to get work done then the exhaust dont looks brand new like it did so I deserve a new replacement.
Paul_J

20th Feb 03 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heh and I thought when I asked the woman who hit me for £340 I was being steep - similar harldy any visual damage to bumper... needed to really be replaced.

She was giving me hassel and I didn't fancy going through insurance so I settled for £200 - and just repaired my bumper myself...

Paul J
Makarus

20th Feb 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah well because he hit me he will pay up. Has to now.

Bloke at garage had a proper look at my car, oh also needs some work doing on the left arch, because of the angle he hit me it popped out a bit, looks naff, so that needs doing too.
Mikeboy

20th Feb 03 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
if they fiddled my quote a little so that I am getting a better sub out of it

^ dunno if I've got the wrong idea there, but I reckon that's quite tight ! £1100 is shocking as it is, and ur talking bout trying to get him to unknowingly pay you even more so u can get a better sub out of it !??

Apologies tho if I'm wrong ..

And I'm surprised you can't get a courtesy car... Im 20, so wasn't covered by the dealer's insurance, but we just told my insurance company all the details of the courtesy car, and got it added onto my policy for 3 days - then had the cover note faxed to the dealer .. -- cost nothing at all , no fees or anything

Mike
Makarus

20th Feb 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will have to talk to them about that with the courtesy car Mikeboy.

I know it seems a little tight, but I am seriously suffering from whiplash, was in a bad accident when I was younger so its a reoccuring injury. I aint inclined to sue him so he can pay up for my sub.

Also the fact that he told me that his brakes had been failing for the last few weeks, just not working for a few mins and then would be fine. If he is stupid enough to drive with brakes that he KNOWS are faulty then he deserves everything I do, he could have killed me or any other person because of his blatent stupidity.
Mikeboy

20th Feb 03 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, should do

And oh right, yeh I see where your coming from now. Yeh that seems fair!

Cant believe he was driving whilst knowing his brakes were spanged , what a c0ck !!

Mike
Makarus

21st Feb 03 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, people always think I am being harsh about it, buit when I explain they all understand.

Like I said he was just plain stupid, I should of hit him like I wanted to do.

Well I have found a sub, amp and box package so I am happyish now.

I think the price Vauxhall quoted was a tad too high. Really taking the mick, and 3 days to do it aswell, thats just daft.

But on the other hand I want all work done by Vauxhall for the history, when I come to sell it full Vauxhall history will be smiled upon more. But on the other hand its a stupid price, I may just get the dollar off him and take it somewhere else to be fixed a little cheaper. Plus I just dont trust Vauxhall to do a proper job, I think I will be back over and over again!!
Corsa Lad 69
Banned

21st Feb 03 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fix it urself dont be a pussy...aslong as back panel wasnt bent i cud fix that in 1-2 hours if not less
Makarus

21st Feb 03 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fu*ck off you twat.

Why should I fix it myself, he hit me, I have every right to claim.

Also you obviously dont know what your talking about, new zorst, back bumper easy enough, new crash bar aint that easy got to be put on right, putting the back wing straight.................last time I checked I aint a panel beater.

You really are a c0ck!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had me quote back for accident repair. 22 database queries in 0.0155830 seconds