corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » crashy thrasy ride, any ideas?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crashy thrasy ride, any ideas?
vx1400

User status: Offline
20th Feb 03 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got a gmax suspension in my sport and i thought it would cure the crashy ride (thumping into dips in the road) and general looseness. what else can i uprate/renew to improve things. im not expecting miracles here the cars just done 80,000 but hopefully by renewing some parts itll tighten things up a bit. what do i need to replace and what should the parts cost. cheers guys.
Gambit

20th Feb 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it needs time to settle! usually about 2 weeks!
vx1400

20th Feb 03 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its been in for a while now although i havent been able to test it out properly yet cause the front left is catchin (one of those bloody rim protector tyres).
Gambit you post on rms sometimes dont ya.

Anyway, anyone got any ideas??
Miner

20th Feb 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're just gonna have to get used to it I'm afraid! My car's down -60mm on Gmax kit with 195x45 tyres & it can get v bumpy espesially with passengers but it's an unavoidable consequence of chopping out so much travel. Fit bumpstops so you dont bust your shocks but try not to hit them as it does hurt! I do 500 miles a wk in my moter up & down the 77 to uni & I dont really notice it anymore (Until I'm in the passenger seat!)
vx1400

20th Feb 03 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if defo feels like something is worn out, could it be cv joints, tie bars...........
3CorsaMeal

20th Feb 03 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u do get tram lining when putting on wider wheels. kinda pulls the car across funny bits in road.

I know what you mean, my corsa feels like a death trap round corners (at high speeds)
jipp

20th Feb 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bushes????
tie rod ends?
could be these
AdiSRI

20th Feb 03 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it makes crashing noises with the GMax rears it's just the top part of the shock that mounts to the bodywork, its crap. Take the shocks off and put the vauxhall standard top bit on instead and VOILA, instant quietness.
It worked for me and a few other people on here had the same problem with GMax rear shocks.

New Poll