corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New Iphone3G

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Iphone3G
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
27th Jun 09 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have one?

pros and cons?

: )

[Edited on 27-06-2009 by will_doyle]
Tim
Site Administrator

27th Jun 09 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3GS?

Pros: Best touchscreen on any phone I've used. Very fast, and does everything I need it too (in a very slick way).

Cons: My only complaint so far is lack of profiles (silent, loud, home, car, etc). Hopefully this will get added at some point, but I don't think the SDK allows an app to change phone settings without confirmation.
will_doyle
Banned

27th Jun 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yh think it is 3GS

Ta
N16K

28th Jun 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a 3GS at the moment. Compared to the 3G it is faster. The video camera is rather good and the camera is also much improved. 3GS is faster than 3G but it still looks like a 3G, so if you have a 3G don't bother.
N16K

28th Jun 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I need to say 3G a few more times.
FruitBooTeR

29th Jun 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
Got a 3GS at the moment. Compared to the 3G it is faster. The video camera is rather good and the camera is also much improved. 3GS is faster than 3G but it still looks like a 3G, so if you have a 3G don't bother.

So is there deffinitly a video recording mode on the 3gs?

As I had a play with one in the Apple store and when I clocked on Camera there wasnt any options to change to video??

Im really considering one but £35-£40 a month and then you have to pay something like £100+ at the start too so it works out at something like £600 a year.
Tim
Site Administrator

29th Jun 09 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely records video (pretty well too actually), plus you can trim the video on the phone, etc.

There's a little switch at the bottom-right of the screen (when in the Camera app) to switch to video mode.
Kurt

29th Jun 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a play in the shop and tbh wasnt that impressed, nothing that made me go wow this is better than my iphone
Craig W

29th Jun 09 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got this phone, decent bit of kit. Dissapointed that you only get 500 txts though.
Dom

29th Jun 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to add, if you jailbreak you can get an app for the 3G (and 2G actually) that will allow you to record video and from the comparisons i've seen (will try and dig up the link to the site) there doesn't seem to be a lot in it.
DaveyLC

29th Jun 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pros:

You can look like a cool person in front of other iPhone lovers

Cons:

You look like am iPhone owning dick..

Hope that helps

New Poll