corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » external hardrive and xbox help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author external hardrive and xbox help
ajscorsa

User status: Offline
18th Jun 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hooked the ex HDD to my laptop and my xbox found it and i watched a movie off the HDD. now the xbox isnt finding my HDD now, haven't changed anything
noshua

18th Jun 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried connecting it to your computer? what happens?

rebooted the xbox?
ajscorsa

19th Jun 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the hard drive is connected to my laptop.

the xbox finds my laptop and the movies that are on it but doesn't find the external hard drive now.

It found it the first time i connected the external drive to the laptop and i managed to watch a film off it.
noshua

20th Jun 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried connecting the drive to the xbox? or is it running NTFS? (not supported by the xbox)

only thing I can think of is to copy the film to a shared folder on your laptop so the xbox can pick it up.
James_DT

20th Jun 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to make sure that Media Player is still sharing the videos on the external HDD with the Xbox.

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
have you tried connecting the drive to the xbox? or is it running NTFS? (not supported by the xbox)

only thing I can think of is to copy the film to a shared folder on your laptop so the xbox can pick it up.

It doesn't matter what file system it's got, Media Connect/Player shares the files with the Xbox, the Xbox doesn't interact with the drive directly.

[Edited on 20-06-2009 by James_DT]
noshua

20th Jun 09 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does matter what file system the hard drive is running if he's trying to connect the external drive to the xbox, hence why I said NTFS isn't supported if he tries this.
ajscorsa

21st Jun 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
Need to make sure that Media Player is still sharing the videos on the external HDD with the Xbox.

quote:
Originally posted by noshua

It doesn't matter what file system it's got, Media Connect/Player shares the files with the Xbox, the Xbox doesn't interact with the drive directly.

[Edited on 20-06-2009 by James_DT]

ive set media sharing to share the folder the films are in, but it doesnt appear.

ive also plugged it straight into the xbox and watched a film.

i dont know why its not appearing
ajscorsa

22nd Jun 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fixed it! im retarded!

the first time i plugged in the ex HDD i used the usb on right hand side of laptop, which named the HDD F drive

then i used the left hand side which named it G drive. but as I was sharing files from the F drive the xbox didnt find G drive, hense why it wasn't working.

oops! lol

New Poll