corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Learning how to use a DSLR for a noob.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Learning how to use a DSLR for a noob.
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
9th Jun 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righto. My mum has decided to buy a decent camera, despite not having a clue how to use one. She's gone and bought a Canon EOS1000D, but as its going to be wasted on her, I wouldn't mind learning how to use it.

Any useful advice or websites that I can use (as well as showing me what to do with Photoshop)? Some of the photos on here are a bit snazzy and I wouldn't mind having a go at doing a similar sort of thing.
mattk

9th Jun 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just ask what you want to know in here and Im sure you will get answers
Welsh Dan

9th Jun 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is, I don't know what I want to know

I know pretty much nothing about cameras, so i'm happy to start with the basics.
Neo

9th Jun 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The manual will tell you the basics, then once you have those, look on talk photography for ideas but ask on here for advice
xa0s
Banned

10th Jun 09 at 02:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best advice I could give you is going on YouTube and having a search for 'DSLR for beginners', 'DSLR basics' and so on. You'll learn so much if you can spend an evening in front of the computer. Have the 1000D next to you so you can try out what you see on the screen.

I recently had no-idea about lighting and spent 3 nights watching YouTube videos and now my mind is ready to explode where I've taken so much in. It's a very underrated way of learning new stuff.
C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is great advice. i've never thought about learning through youtube. i was thinking of doing an evening college course for digital photography but i'll just save some cash and go the youtube route i think.
Welsh Dan

10th Jun 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I used Youtube for help with learning Guitar, so i'll have a proper look tonight

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Learning how to use a DSLR for a noob. 23 database queries in 0.0122280 seconds