corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Doubt I will be going to uni as planned!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Doubt I will be going to uni as planned!!
Makarus

User status: Offline
18th Feb 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was wanting to go to Uni in september, but it looks like that idea has gone out the window.

I am 17 at the moment, and live at home with my mum and setpdad. I dont get on with them too well, been told many times that I am being kicked out when I turn 18, which is April the 24th.

So now I need to look for somewhere to live, its possible to live with my dad but he is 100 miles away so I would have to loose all my friends. He said he would support me until I finish college if my mum does kick me out.

So now I am looking for a place to rent, get everything sorted. Because of the way the contracts work i wont be able to leave for uni, and to be able to support myself in rented accomodation I would need a decent full time job which I cant get at the moment because of college on a wednesday, so would have to hunt for a suitable job.

So basically everything has gone tits up...........dunno why I posted, just wanted to get it off my chest and see if anyone has anything to say.
Meat-Pie-SRI

18th Feb 03 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anus - there, i said sommin!!!

Make sure u think v. carefully bout it mate!!! could make a big difference to your future!!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

ETC ETC ETC ETC

Chris
-Aliba-

18th Feb 03 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Student loans, bursaries etc will help you even more if you are staying on your own.
Think about it. I'm there at the moment, benefits in the future.
Makarus

19th Feb 03 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get what ya mean -Aliba- will it be good for me to leave and set up on my own, get a full time job and then go to uni later or should I go now??

I am really stuck as to what to do. I am going to look at Sheff Hallam Uni tomorrow and I will talk to them about my chances of coming in when I am 21!!
-Aliba-

19th Feb 03 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What i mean is that by staying away from your parents house, you qualify for a greater bursary and loan. Well, at least thats how it is in Scotland.

Problem with getting a job just now and going to uni later is whether you'll be able to pull yourself away from that job/income to go to uni.
Have a good think about what to do.
Makarus

19th Feb 03 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I will do dont worry, its just gonna be hard to figure out what to do, I need to finish college to get to uni but I cant finish college and hold up a full time job to support myself.

If i had just one year out it would be much better, defer my joining for 1 year.
luca2020

19th Feb 03 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go straight to uni mate

if ur mum does kick u out, then the council has to put u up in emergency accomadation, and that should tie u over till u go uni

ive got 3 mates at sheff hallum, they love it their
Jordan1

19th Feb 03 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i would just go 2 uni, i'm in my 2nd year and although i still stay at my folks gaf, some of my mates are renting a flat and running cars at the same time, with their loans, part time jobs etc
Makarus

19th Feb 03 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, well I went to have a look around Sheff Hallam, really really interested in going now. Should be sweet. One downside was that I spent 3 hours there and saw no really good looking girls..........hopefully it will be better when I go.

Ah well, just gonna have to think about it all.

Does anyone know if it is possible to defer your start date for a year after you have been accepted because I could do with a year to get myself on my feet and then move onto uni.
DSON

19th Feb 03 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will move out with you matey
i as sitting down 2nite eating my tea and i sed i would leave now if i had somewere to go and they sed go then....
we will chat 2nite matey..
Makarus

19th Feb 03 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate sure, its getting shite here now, just cant cope. I know I am getting thrown out when I am 18, they keep telling me they are looking forward to my birthday so they can get rid.
DSON

19th Feb 03 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you sure they are being serious?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Feb 03 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You spent an hour there and saw no good looking girls? Were your eyes shut the whole time? Most unis will allow you to defer a year, and this usually puts you in a better position for entry as well, you're able to apply earlier for 2004 start plus you've the ability to get more under your belt experience-wise.
Makarus

19th Feb 03 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I will have to e-mail them about it or something.

Yeah I swear, scouts honour, I saw about a hand full of decent girls, all the rest weren't my kinda standard.

Granted I was in the computing section.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Doubt I will be going to uni as planned!! 22 database queries in 0.0103810 seconds