corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My A4 Build....*more pics, sunday 28th show* :-)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My A4 Build....*more pics, sunday 28th show* :-)
Hilly

User status: Offline
   30th May 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right then, so as the title says its not a corsa, but my corsa had to make way for this and it looked something like this when i sold it.

i miss it

so after shedding a few tears watching it get drove away 3 years of joy i set about starting on the A4.

day one, rolling on some "sick" 16" standard alloys lol

decided it needed tidying up so it went off to Malin Motor Bodies in sheffield to get colour coded and have the spoiler fitted on the boot, also had the 18" RS6 alloys fitted which brightened it up abit.

it had a few months untouched after that and all the next stuff has literally been done over the past few weeks. so it was time to get my suspension fitted that id had for ages just not got round to fitting. its on -40mm apex springs and bilstien shocks and it handles really well now!

BEFORE:

DURING

AFTER

shorty got low low low low low low lol

its hard to tell as ive got before pics of it on 18s and after pics of it on 16s here, but further pics will show how well it sits on the 18s and after the suspension has settled in for a week or so.

so it was time for a few quick mods. we had the wheels off to refurb them and get em sprayed up, i had bought a debadged grilled off ebay, acquired some comedy stickers, some german plates and wolfsburg surrounds (also ebay special) and some team heko wind deflectors.

so the grille went on piece of piss

BEFORE

AFTER

i was indecided at this point as i thought it looked abit wierd but i knew once other bits went on it would look right at home.

so next job getting the wheels ready, they were in a right mess before. id kerbed them all slightly and after i decided to spray them i didn't really pay much attention to kerbs lol

ready for action! mate who works for hawleys tyres in sheffield kindly came up and whipped me the tyres off so i could do them properly.

mate kindly volunteered his spraying experience

primed and ready. let them dry in sun for a couple of hours then spent quite a while flatting them down so they were perfect. now time to apply some paint. hmmmm what colour do you reckon they will be?

MEGA! lol

went out next day to see what they would look like squared up to the car, awaiting my mate to come re-fit tyres and balance em up! its not what you know....;-)

so tyres went on a dream, love em!

now these pics look REALLY bad because it was drizzling and very over cast so better pics will come later.

its getting there now....

so after i got the "blue bug" i decided i wanted something else painted, so after a couple of days stewing over what to paint we took the plunge and did this...

and the finished product...

so it was now looking something like this, wheels and roof sprayed in Audi mittel blue.

couple random pics of the comedy stickers..

hahahahahahaha

while this was going off i passed a milestone

115,000 miles and still runs like its new! god bless the derv

were planning on taking a road trip next year so i was thinking about getting a roof rack and a box so we could could fit 5 of us plus all our bags and tents in quite easy. so after scouring the internet for something half decent and not costing bucket loads i bought my roof box and a mate sent me his audi roof rack up from cornwall for me, top lad!

so box looked like this after a quick coat of high build and a coat of white...

then i had to hit it up with the blue, colour coded roof box ftw lol

so while i was doing this the roof rack arrivied via UPS so i had fun unpacked the zillion metres of shrink wrap! lol its two roof bars and also the rack to fix a bike to the roof so now im after a cheap bmx

so i fitted the rack and waiting for the box to dry so i could trial fit it and see what she looked like..

think it looks pretty cool tbh. this was at 6 o'clock on friday so today im going to give the box another quick coat of blue and then its done and been thinking of painted the actually rack. blue will be too much so im going for either black to freshen it up or painted it camo. green, brown etc. but i might just leave it yet but who knows!

also trial fitted my mates bra off his audi 80...

so im currently search the web for a bonnet bra, and it will be going to upholstery place to have the audi rings stitched on in blue to tie in with rest of car. (currently waiting on a mate doing me a photoshop)

there no pics of the interior as its standard at the minute, standard SE interior, black dash,seats,mats etc. nothing special. stereo is pretty basey standard as its factory sub and amp in parcel shelf. concert system ftw

and just to throw in my only pic of the engine bay....random pic didn't know where to chuck it in the thread lol

so the current spec of the car as it stands now is...

A4 1.9TDi SE 130bhp
Leccy Windows
Leccy Mirrors
Traction Control
Power Steering
ABS
Fully Colour Coded
Boot Spoiler
Audi Concert Stereo With Standard Sub/Amp
Built In Phone Bluetooth
Lowered 40mm On Apex Springs And Bilstien Shock Absorbers
German Plates
Wolfsburg Surrounds
Bailey Dump Valve
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
Debadged Grille
18" RS6 Alloys Painted Audi Blue
Roof Painted To Match Rims
Roof Rack
Roof Box Painted Audi Blue
Comedy Stickers

over next few weeks/months i will be changing the headlight bulbs for some HID blue jobbies, sorting out the bonnet bra and after all thats finished and if funds allow its off to JBS in chesterfield to have a custom code remap. been speaking to a lad down there and he says it could fetch as much as 180bhp and 300 ft/lb torque!

so thats your lot lads, thanks to Rich_H for twisting my ear to put a thread up in first place!

so all comments welcome, good or bad, i can take it!

take care and peace out!

[Edited on 01-06-2009 by Hilly_34]

[Edited on 22-06-2009 by Hilly_34]

[Edited on 30-06-2009 by Hilly_34]
DaNnY_LaD

30th May 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesomeness love it
MarkSport

30th May 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cool
Minty_Fresh

30th May 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice project this

please remove the stickers and tyre writing

and get it a nice stance on it
FAZ
Premium Member

30th May 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet i love it! could it go any lower?
Minty_Fresh

30th May 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another for example..

Hilly

30th May 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for comments guys.
The tyre writing has wore off since the wheels went on. Ive got another tyre pen but its takes loads of time and patience to do them so im leaving it for now.

I think the stickers give it the "euro trash" look, dont like using the word "rat". i was going to go similar route with the roof box and put a few stickers on or get it airbrushed but not sure yet.

Its lowered 40mm as it stands. Im happy with the back, think the front could go abit lower but would mean new springs or grind a coil or two off these ones.

Thanks again and keep comments coming!!
Hilly

1st Jun 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a free sample of hard candy today (one rich h recommended) so i gave it a blast. was a 30ml tub only a little thing and its done the whole car (apart from bumpers and roof) and still got abit left

anyway piccies.....

and not leaving out the current lady in my life......

she goes with me everywhere!

comments please! and rich you need to big up your product here man!!
Rich H

1st Jun 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ your current lady in your life - should treat her better than that!!

Car's looking ace - Hard Candy seems to have made it shine a lot more? Find it easy to use?
Only thing I would say is you used a bit too much if you've only got a tiny bit left - panel pots can usually last 4 or 5 cars
Nic Barnes

1st Jun 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta love the durun sport-one's. such a quality brand of rubber they are.
FAZ
Premium Member

1st Jun 09 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

misssssssssss piggy
Adge

1st Jun 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the car,hate the wheel colour and roof! cream or white wud be miles better!
Hilly

1st Jun 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich - yeah mate i think i over did it abit first time user and all lol. bet i could do the car again with it though, im still not waxing the roof as it still needs flatting and buffing up since it was sprayed, and bumpers i just use spray wax.

but yeah i found it pretty easy to use, never use this type of stuff before its always been liquid stuff, gold class, carnuba etc took to it pretty quickly
id say its abit better than it would be normally, it needs a clay bar session on it again. if i was coming to pvs id let you have a gander mate.

Nic - dont knock the tyres lad, they've done 9k miles on them and there still like brand new, tread on them is still awesome. and id love some nice pirelli's or what ever in 18s but am afraid wallet doesn't allow, and 400 quid for wheels/tyres/lockers/caps and delivery int bad really :-P

MISS PIGGY RULES! i saw a VW round sheff yesterday with a buzz lightyear hung from towing eye, looked cool as fcuk!!

PEACE!
Hilly

22nd Jun 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so been busy cleaning car again this weekend, these pics where taken yesterday only just has chance to sort em out!

so the new "mods" for this week are, painted engine cover, smarties ecu cover, towing eye cover, door pillars and petrol cap (vinyl sheet). also couple of new stickers and just a good clean! going to a show in sheffield next week so been trying to get it upto scratch!

so here they are....in no particular order!

comments welcome peeps!
DaNnY_LaD

22nd Jun 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking awesome..

Were did u get all the stickers from mate..
Hilly

22nd Jun 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got them from all over mate!!

some are fast car/max power freebies, others i bought from volkswagenstickers.co.uk, a mate did me a few for the box on his cutting machine, the ripcurl ones i got sent up by a mate in cornwall and random ones from halfords and what people just decide to stick on lol

had this one on the longest, and its the best

thanks though dude!
Anty
Premium Member

22nd Jun 09 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks sweet.. somthing diffrent also like the rs4 advnt aka the 80 estate
Hilly

22nd Jun 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers pal!

yeah the 80 is a right machine! i just love the borbets so im biased!

this is it close up.....

:-)
John G

22nd Jun 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coilovers and euro wheels required quick
Rich H

22nd Jun 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh your mates with him?! Didn't realise lol - seen a bit of his stuff on E38!

Car looks ace lol - not totally sure on the smarties bits, but it's all different!

Whos' the RIP for if you don't mind me asking?
Hilly

22nd Jun 09 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
coilovers and euro wheels required quick

nah man not got cash, on dole. only just about afford to run it at min. Ya can lend us a couple grand if u want tho?

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Oh your mates with him?! Didn't realise lol - seen a bit of his stuff on E38!

Car looks ace lol - not totally sure on the smarties bits, but it's all different!

Whos' the RIP for if you don't mind me asking?

yeah im mates with Matt, hes a good lad. done some odd bits on mine every now and again, scratches and gave me couple bits n bobs and that

smarties is only vinyl so can just pull it off as a when. just thought id try something id not seen before.

its me grandad mate
M2RTY

22nd Jun 09 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HATED IT AT FIRST

NOW IT LOOKS FUCKING GREAT LOL

oops caps lock sorry
Hilly

22nd Jun 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lad

i knew it would be a case of marmite when i did the wheels lol
Anty
Premium Member

23rd Jun 09 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love the audi 80`s estates
FAZ
Premium Member

24th Jun 09 at 06:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure i saw this in ingoldmells few weeks ago??

the blue wheels gave it away going down towards the sea to the multistorey car park i was waiting at the traffic lights to come out of that road

[Edited on 24-06-2009 by FAZ]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My A4 Build....*more pics, sunday 28th show* :-) 23 database queries in 0.2018702 seconds