corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Strachan Resigns

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strachan Resigns
Hammer

User status: Offline
25th May 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breaking news just now.

Wish him all the best for the future, hopefully he gets the Sunderland job and does well with them. He's a good manager.
Danny P

25th May 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who do you think will take over?
Hammer

25th May 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rumours are there's a guy sitting in the dugout at Wembley on the cusp of leading his side to the Premiership that has already been earmarked

The others linked are Mark McGhee, Tony Mowbray and Irvine at Preston. I'd take none of them.
AlexSXI

25th May 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you fancy taking Paul Lambert off of us down here at colchester, he's done nothing special and has really started getting on a large percentages of fans's nerves because he keeps saying the home grown + young players in the squad won't have their contracts renewed etc
Hammer

25th May 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet anyway, Lambo is a legend though you should stick by him
AlexSXI

25th May 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, we all seem to think it's too early in his managerial career, although maybe he is a long shot if you get rejected by other bigger names for example Sven.
yeah he saved us from relegation this year and we really need to be getting back into the championship next season so we will stick by him for now although he's like marmite amongst our fans

[Edited on 25-05-2009 by AlexSXI]
corsa_godfather

25th May 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought he would have.

Shame aswell driven out in my opinion.Well from what ive been told by guys that go to the games

'majority of supporters dont like him etc'

3 leagues in 4 years though whats not to like about that lol

Fair enough rangers havent been up to much the past few years but still.

Anyway good luck to him

Wonder if Brown etc will go now???
corsa - gus

25th May 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a total transformation at Parkhead now imo, could see a mass exodus! I reckon if any of the names Hammer has mentioned are appointed I will be a happy man.

Strachan has been hard done to if you ask me
corsa_godfather

25th May 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May not be for the best though.

Not alot of money about these days to go mad and spend and Celtic will be lucky to get into the group stages of champions league aswell due to not being seeded.
Eck
Premium Member

25th May 09 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The rumours are there's a guy sitting in the dugout at Wembley on the cusp of leading his side to the Premiership that has already been earmarked

The others linked are Mark McGhee, Tony Mowbray and Irvine at Preston. I'd take none of them.

Coyle would be off his head to do that tbh He's just got his side in the Premiership, taking the step down (even though there is the potential for a European jaunt) to Scotland would be silly. He'll not be going anywhere for at least another season imo.
Boycey

25th May 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Glasgow Cetic Football Club is a step down from Burnley? Ok Alexander League wise obviously the English Prem is miles better than the SPL but to say Celtic is a step down from Burnley just doesn't justify a reply but I still gave you one
Jill
Premium Member

25th May 09 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
...hopefully he gets the Sunderland job and does well with them. He's a good manager.

Has he been linked with the sunderland job then? I'm at work atm so only heard about him resigning on the radio. Sad times, he's done well at celtic Any news on why he resigned? Maybe he will come to chelsea

JILL
Eck
Premium Member

25th May 09 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Boycey
So Glasgow Cetic Football Club is a step down from Burnley? Ok Alexander League wise obviously the English Prem is miles better than the SPL but to say Celtic is a step down from Burnley just doesn't justify a reply but I still gave you one

I'm talking in standard of league you muppet. Why would he leave a team that he's just taken into the best league in the world I'm that confident I'll bet you £50 that he won't leave. So put your money where your mouth is skinnyboy
Hammer

25th May 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
...hopefully he gets the Sunderland job and does well with them. He's a good manager.

Has he been linked with the sunderland job then? I'm at work atm so only heard about him resigning on the radio. Sad times, he's done well at celtic Any news on why he resigned? Maybe he will come to chelsea

JILL

The rumours are he's already spoke to them, not too sure on there validity.

I think Chelski could maybe aim their sights a bit higher than the ginger genius tbh Jill
Boycey

25th May 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At what point did I say that Owen Coyle was going to be Celtic manager? And why would I bet with someone who has no income? I wouldn't want Owen Coyle as manager anyway! He's done a great job with Burnley yes but I would want someone with much more experience and a much more impressive CV!
Eck
Premium Member

25th May 09 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
At what point did I say that Owen Coyle was going to be Celtic manager? And why would I bet with someone who has no income? I wouldn't want Owen Coyle as manager anyway! He's done a great job with Burnley yes but I would want someone with much more experience and a much more impressive CV!

I agree that he's done well with Burnley but not really done enough to secure such a big job. I may have no income but that's not a reason to pap oot of a bet
Boycey

25th May 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet you a fiver I beat you over 2 legs next time we play fifa?
Eck
Premium Member

25th May 09 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£50
Boycey

25th May 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£5 is sufficient!
Eck
Premium Member

25th May 09 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For someone low on confidence
Boycey

25th May 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah on you not paying up
strick206

25th May 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes imo it is, burnley are a better side than celtic, playing in a better league
Hammer

25th May 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do behave yourself Strick

Owen Coyle would walk barefooted up the motorway to manage Celtic as well.
strick206

25th May 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Do behave yourself Strick

Owen Coyle would walk barefooted up the motorway to manage Celtic as well.

I know he would, a guy at work knows him, and he agrees he would

But he would be stupid to manage them now, he's got the best chance in his career now to impress in the big league

On a one off game, at a neutral venue, i think burnley would beat celtic also. But my comment was fishing a bit aswell
Hammer

25th May 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they'd be able to beat us, they've beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham already.

I think if the Celtic board do plump for him he'd have a decision to make but knowing the fact his biggest regret in football is never playing for Celtic I think he wouldn't even hesitate.

What are the odds like just now?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Strachan Resigns 23 database queries in 0.0148201 seconds