corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Flush tailgate/ Smooth boot with ICE?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flush tailgate/ Smooth boot with ICE?
Tony

User status: Offline
17th Feb 03 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys.

Going for the smooth boot look one of these days. One problem I have is that my ICE seems to make the whole rear of my car vibrate like HELL!! Isn't it going to make the thing layer of filler crack? I know you have to weld a plate in and then use a thing layer of filler, but I have 2 X 12" Rockford Fosgate subs which pack a serious punch and I would like know if I'm not going to destroy the look of my boot. I've seen subs do some damage to car interiours. Has anyone on this board got the same setup with no problems?

Tony
Tony

18th Feb 03 at 04:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone??
max_corsa

18th Feb 03 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate the best thing to do is make sure you sound deaden the inside of the boot to help absorb as much of the vibration as poss. My boot's flushed and Im about to fit a pair of Vibe 12s in a bandpass box and if that doesnt shake i dont know what will! A good bodyshop will only use a tiny amount of filler so cracking should be minimised.
MC Kustoms

18th Feb 03 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im putting 4 15" fozzy subs in each with 1000w rms hope this wont crack it
DODG-E

18th Feb 03 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah shouldnt!!!!!! not if its a good job, cos the boot sits on rubbers round the edge anyway...

New Poll