corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Tutorials & FAQ » Body Modifications » Modify sunroof for roll cage fitment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Modify sunroof for roll cage fitment
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd May 09 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Originally posted by Benkid

I've heard of a few people asking how to do this so thought i'd make this little Blue Peter stylie write up on how i did it, whilst this may or may not be the best way to do it, it worked for me. Not many pictures of the build itself because I was more interested in getting the job done but you should get the jist of it.

If theres anything you feel i could explain in more detail just leave a comment but i hope this helps.

Sunroof removed, numerous 8mm or 10mm black bolts surround the whole sunroof mechanism, literally all metal runners ect attatched to the glass was removed (NOTE LEAVE THE FOAM/RUBBER SEAL ATTATCHED TO THE GLASS)

3 x general pictures of the brackets in place.

in this next one you can see where the bolts have gone.
-3x silver nuts and bolts attatch the mounting plate to the "L" shaped mounting brackets which were welded to square sections already part of the sunroof (to raise the sunroof up and down so that it looks more natural from the outside washers were used between the mounting plate and the roof)
-2x black bolts are part of the original sunroof setup and attatch the mounting plates to original screw holes in roof

2 pics from the outside, sealing not done too well and needs tidying but it stops you from getting soggy Corbeaus which i learnt the hard way, 'doh! We used black fishtank sealent but i'm sure theres plenty of other products you can use.

As said any questions just ask.
Hope it helps

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Tutorials & FAQ » Body Modifications » Modify sunroof for roll cage fitment 24 database queries in 0.0088272 seconds