corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Tutorials & FAQ » Interior Modifications » Removing Seats & The Law

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing Seats & The Law
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th May 09 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since 1987, it has been law in the UK that all new cars are produced with rear seat belts; the law for all rear seat passengers aged 14 and over to wear seat belts was introduced in 1991.

Since 1998 it has also been law that every MOT check involves seat belt checks, and that should any seat belt be found not to comply with safety measures the car will automatically fail the MOT.

The seat belt check applies to the number of seats declared on the vehicle V5. i.e. if the V5 says five seats then to pass an MOT the tester needs to examine five seats and five seat belts.

To comply with the law, if you reduce or increase the seating capacity of the vehicle then you must also declare it to the DVLA and have the V5 updated accordingly.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Tutorials & FAQ » Interior Modifications » Removing Seats & The Law 24 database queries in 0.0076392 seconds