corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car auctions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car auctions
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
24th Apr 09 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many of you go to them? Pick up any good deals?

I finally went to one tonight, and tbh thought it was pretty shit

The only good cars were a Seat Leon Cupra R and a nice spec Toyota Supra (Twin Turbo, 6 speed etc etc) which went for £3,200

Some of the cars there went for dirt cheap but had something like 270,000 miles on them (including a vectra)
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Apr 09 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a fan of them tbh, even though you can have a good look round before you bid etc you still don't know what you're buying, seen some right dodgy cars go through.
Liam B

24th Apr 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My grandad deals in shitheaps from a place called Leominster Car Auctions, bought 8 cars in one night the once, only 3 were sound enough to sell on!
DizzyRebel

24th Apr 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends, one week it can be good another it can be shit. Ive found that all the ones i go to are full of pakkis and turks that buy all the decent cheap cars and ruins it as they wont let anyone else win the bidding.

Plus unless your a registered trader there never that cheap after indemnity fees
Mike GSi

24th Apr 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mainly damaged repaired cars, or cars that have issues which would make it hard to sell imo
~willow~

24th Apr 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flame-red
My grandad deals in shitheaps from a place called Leominster Car Auctions, bought 8 cars in one night the once, only 3 were sound enough to sell on!

i go there, ive paid around 5 to 6hundred quid for the cars ive bought there and they have all been decent cars tbh! if you give it a good look over i think its the same as buying a car privately.
mattk

24th Apr 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Dizzy, I go avery few weeks for a mooch, its good fun if nothing else

can sometimes turn to spot the white man though
Andrew

24th Apr 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went two when i was off from work. Really strange tbh! A 1.1 Saxo went through for £400 with 1 months MOT and 60k on the clock but then a 5 door 1.4 Corsa went through for £50 with 12 months MOT and 30k on the clock.

The way i use my cars currently i'm waiting for the pug to be written off and getting myself down the auctions. £50 for a 30k car is shocking!

Most the cars that went through sounded rough and had dings. Fords were going for silly money when compared with what you can pick them up for on the streets though.

I don't care if the car has dings, i'll just scrap it before it's next MOT.

[Edited on 24-04-2009 by Andrew]
Ren

24th Apr 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
depends, one week it can be good another it can be shit. Ive found that all the ones i go to are full of pakkis and turks that buy all the decent cheap cars and ruins it as they wont let anyone else win the bidding.

Plus unless your a registered trader there never that cheap after indemnity fees

This makes no sense. Firstly, what has their colour got to do with anything, and secondly since when did only white people deserve to buy cars cheap?

Just saying.
wilson_sri

25th Apr 09 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF is with everyone on this thread, iv read nothing but bullshit? Does anyone here actually work in the motor trade?

Auctions are the best place to buy a car...if you know what you are doing.
You will only get screwed and get a shit deal if you know nothing about cars and/or the motor trade. Which is obviously everyone on this thread!

[Edited on 25-04-2009 by wilson_sri]
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Apr 09 at 05:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to one in Newark week ago.

was really good actually. Some cars went for silly money (rover 400 with years MOT went for 180 quid)

the guy i went there woth god Two ford focuses for 850 pounds each with 90k and 119k on the clocks...
saxo on x plate with lots of MOT and TAX for 750 pounds and 70k on the clock...

how ever i went to another auction in the summer and 90 percent of cars were sold for VERY high prices. i went with guys in motor trades and their comments where "what the fuck" for most of prices...

i might buy next car at auction.
dannymccann

25th Apr 09 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the Peterborough ones a little while back looking for a bargain, expecting to see something newer than my 1994 Corsa going for hundreds of £s, I was shocked to see a lot of cars going for over £1000, some 98/99 motors and dings and dodgy sounding engines were getting bid up, pointless trip out for me that night
Andrew

25th Apr 09 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wilson_sri
WTF is with everyone on this thread, iv read nothing but bullshit? Does anyone here actually work in the motor trade?

Auctions are the best place to buy a car...if you know what you are doing.
You will only get screwed and get a shit deal if you know nothing about cars and/or the motor trade. Which is obviously everyone on this thread!

[Edited on 25-04-2009 by wilson_sri]

I work in IT mate

As said, i went to two and i'd take a chance at auctions. My Corsa and 106 went the auctions and both would have been a decent buy as both were mechanically sound.

Jay

25th Apr 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've bought a few cars from Auction now, the best deal I got was a Laguna Sport Tourer with 17k on the clock for £3000 had it for about 8 months and part ex'd it in vauxhall who gave me £3700 for it Bellevue in Manchester is a good Auction to go to, thats where I've picked a few bargains up, inc. the Laguna.
DizzyRebel

25th Apr 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
quote:

This makes no sense. Firstly, what has their colour got to do with anything, and secondly since when did only white people deserve to buy cars cheap?

Just saying.

Im not racist, but if you went you would understand what i mean. The pakkis and turks bid most of the sub £2000 cars up that much they arent worth buying anymore and it ruins it for traders trying to make a living or somone after a cheap car to runabout in.
l15ter

25th Apr 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ren
quote:

Just saying.

Im not racist, but if you went you would understand what i mean. The pakkis and turks bid most of the sub £2000 cars up that much they arent worth buying anymore and it ruins it for traders trying to make a living or somone after a cheap car to runabout in.

never heard so much shit
DizzyRebel

25th Apr 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you have never been to newark car auctions...
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Apr 09 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i've been there. plenty of english people buying cars. i know some one who bought two cars this week and 3 cars last week. plenty more then aswell..

aron

25th Apr 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought both my corsas from the auction.

if you know what you're doing, it's easy.

in my experience, weekends are a big no-no, packed to the rafters with general public paying over the odds.

the traders HATE it, as they have specific prices and won't go over.
DizzyRebel

25th Apr 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
quote:

i've been there. plenty of english people buying cars. i know some one who bought two cars this week and 3 cars last week. plenty more then aswell..

And i know 2 traders who go there that both say its gone shit now as the pakkis and turks flood it and push prices up too much. Bawtree is better.
daymoon
Premium Member

25th Apr 09 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if they used to buy cars for 500 and sell for 2k, and now these cars are at 800-1000 then its just them being greedy.

and its Bawtry.
SR91

25th Apr 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
can sometimes turn to spot the white man though

Too true
Ren

25th Apr 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ren
quote:

Just saying.

I never called you racist. I'm just saying that is the point of auctions. You don't know if these asians/turks/blacks/chinese are buying because they are traders too, and it's unfair to generalise by saying they ruin it because you're implying that only white people are traders Auctions aren't trader-only

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car auctions 22 database queries in 0.1895549 seconds