corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would you choose and why?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what would you choose and why?
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
   23rd Apr 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of new car towrds summer time, at moment i drive a ph2 vts. Its pretty mint but just hasnt got the little boys dream car factor to it

2 options thought of so far

1. Pug 106 gti (with a little cash to spend towards performance )
2. Clio 172 cup

budget is probably looking at around £3500

shud be able to snap either one of the above up for that at the moment
Cant decide to go for the newer 172 or the good old pug gti which ive wanted for a while
Whittie

23rd Apr 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

172 Any day.

No point in going from a Vts to a Gti, its the same car.
FruitBooTeR

23rd Apr 09 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the vts and buy tb's and decent suspension an tyres will be a good drive then.

Or what about...... corsa redtop sleeper
corsa_rob

23rd Apr 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Keep the vts and buy tb's and decent suspension an tyres will be a good drive then.

Or what about...... corsa redtop sleeper

thing is i would rather mod a gti than a vts...throttle bodies wud probably be on the cards aswell...modding the vts seems abit chav compaired to the gti :s i guess its just image or summat, maybe a little bit more grown up to have the gti

Ive given up on corsa's had a really nice one and got written off before a redtop was even aquired for it
FruitBooTeR

23rd Apr 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you get a gti make sure its yellow
corsa_rob

23rd Apr 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
172 Any day.

whats the pro's and con's fad? i know ure brother had a vtr and uve got the clio still so ull be able to give a good verdict...OK! ure whittie not fad where i get that from

gti just seems nicer looking to me

[Edited on 23-04-2009 by corsa_rob]
corsa_rob

23rd Apr 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well if you get a gti make sure its yellow

thats the plan mate...one slipped out my hands locally for £3100 running 156bhp, ready for throttle bodies MINT AS HELL! was a lad i know selling and cudnt get the funds up in time. nana is first choice but diablo red, indigo blue(or wotever the colour close to the rallye colour is, or even white wud be class
I cant believe u got rid of the vts for a 1.6 sport...totally ure choice and that just wow! at the difference in drive (dont mean to be nasty mate)
Whittie

23rd Apr 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
quote:
172 Any day.

whats the pro's and con's fad? i know ure brother had a vtr and uve got the clio still so ull be able to give a good verdict...OK! ure whittie not fad where i get that from

I really don't look like fad mate

Friend went from a Gti to a 182 and he loved it, power difference and handling. Shame he's banned now though.
FruitBooTeR

23rd Apr 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh they might be fast and handle well when a decent kit is added but id rather have build quality and a gearbox that will last from A-B

(and to stop people saying bull bul bull... the gearbox did go on my vts lmao i know its down to pure luck and some are fine)
corsa_rob

23rd Apr 09 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsa_rob
quote:
172 Any day.

I really don't look like fad mate

Friend went from a Gti to a 182 and he loved it, power difference and handling. Shame he's banned now though.

see i can only imagine it wud "feel" slower, with power to weight and the fact the clio's seem like a space craft to me being more refined so to say, i dig the tin can power. Only driven 1.2/1.4/dci clio's. steering wheel and seats wud be changed instantly, hate its driving position.

think i thought u was fad with the avator for sum reason
Whittie

23rd Apr 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've driven it a few times. I think its the kind of car that you can be sensible with when you need to be, if that makes sense? Vts, you have to put your foot down everywhere
corsa_rob

23rd Apr 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeh they might be fast and handle well when a decent kit is added but id rather have build quality and a gearbox that will last from A-B

(and to stop people saying bull bul bull... the gearbox did go on my vts lmao i know its down to pure luck and some are fine)

Its total luck really...its ALLWAYS down to how the owner/previous owner looks after it. Build quality didnt think the corsa was quality when someone crashed into the back of it. but then again the same crash in the sax wud probably kill me I think the corsa's feel better quality as standard as they are underpowered/overweighted so has that "safety" feeling...the sax/gti's are pretty lightweight and have a little more power than makes it a little more unsafe (probably why i like it in a wierd way)
John

23rd Apr 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have the 172 out of they choices, you'll get a newer, faster, better specced car with the clio.
corsa_rob

23rd Apr 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've driven it a few times. I think its the kind of car that you can be sensible with when you need to be, if that makes sense? Vts, you have to put your foot down everywhere

surely the 172's need a few revs to get anywhere aswell though mate are both n/a . but i kinda understand you, i find u can plod around in saxo's nicely...can be ultra smooth drive if just taking it easy, have a nice pull. Sure the 172's are more comfortable and nicer to drive on motorways or high speeds.
Another thing to take into acount in my decision is that im going to tracking either one on the old occasion
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of those two I'd choose the 172. The only reason is you've got an identical car to the GTi as it is and it would be a huge waste of money.
Anty
Premium Member

23rd Apr 09 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

172 cup

beautiful motor !!
flybikeslee

23rd Apr 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what would you choose and why? 22 database queries in 0.0116379 seconds