corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Replacement V5

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacement V5
jibjob

User status: Offline
9th Apr 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well basically i kept all my documents in one envelope... my MOT, insurance and V5.

I put them on my table so i knew where they were. Mum and dad come along and put them in the infamous "safe place".

Only problem is now they cant remember where theyve put them. Weve searched everywhere and nothing has turned up. We cant even find the tax renewal reminder so i cant tax my car

My MOT is due anyway so its no problem getting another certificate for that. Ive rang my insurance and they are sending me a replacement certificate. But without the renewal notice or V5 i cant tax my car.

So basically what im asking is how do i get another renewal notice or V5? I was told by someone i would have to go to the nearest DVLA centre with my MOT and insurance certificates and pay £25 for a new one. Is this how it is done or is there and easier way like online or something?

Any help would be great as i cant have my car back on the road until i get all the documents and my tax so need to get it sorted ASAP
Mertin

9th Apr 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a form you can get from your local post office to fill out, I got this once.

But then on the form I read that if your the current owner of the car and it was you that lost it then you can get a new one over the phone without filling out the form and it costs you 25 quid.

Il go see if I have the form kicking about and get you the number
jibjob

9th Apr 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate
Mertin

9th Apr 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It says if you have previously had a V5 for your vehicle in your name and there is no change in vehicle or personal details then you can apply for a duplicate over the phone

Contact customer enquiries 0870 240 0010

It says telephone applications may attract the 25 quid fee, and says to have a credit / debit card at hand
jibjob

9th Apr 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate ill give them a ring now
am4nf

9th Apr 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the one on the phone it takes a few days to come through, post office form takes 6 weeks
jibjob

9th Apr 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done nice one for that mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Replacement V5 22 database queries in 0.0132411 seconds