corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » jamsport like taking the monkey...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author jamsport like taking the monkey...
ckallis500

User status: Offline
27th Mar 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member

jamsport...

worst customer service ever.

been fed quite alot of lies from them aswell.

be warned if you get anything from there if you dont actualy buy it from them in person...
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Robin and Broster may disagree there.
fazza

27th Mar 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

is it still not sorted with the ecu?
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

What have they done anyway, what is it you're not happy with?
Adge

27th Mar 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

more info? wats happened? always thought they had a great rep
Daimo B

27th Mar 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by ckallis500
jamsport...

worst customer service ever.

been fed quite alot of lies from them aswell.

be warned if you get anything from there if you dont actualy buy it from them in person...

Random pointless post unless you put something.

If I say Obama is actually white is it true????
--ToM--

27th Mar 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member

^^^ abit yes lmao
fazza

27th Mar 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member

obama will never be white with them lips.

--ToM--

27th Mar 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

he is a bit, im sure his mother or nan or uncles mates dads dogs gold fish is white
Daimo B

27th Mar 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
^^^ abit yes lmao

It must be true.

Text written on the Internet says so, so it MUST be true.....

I have no facts, information, examples or anything to substanciate this, but still, its written therefore its true
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

What were you buying then?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Robin
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

I'm assuming you're Chris Holmes?

If so, you're jumping the gun slightly here. You sent us an ECU which you said didn't work, we tested it on another car, and it worked, however, we still replaced it with a brand new unit with the latest firmware, free of charge.

As well as this, you were sent a replacement trigger pickup chip to rule out the possibility of the wrong one being supplied originally and a brand new replacement crank sensor, to eliminate that as well.

Fair enough, it took a while to get back to you, but we had to test the ECU, then wait for the latest shipment to arrive so that we could replace the ECU with a new version even though we didn't actually need to.

Basically, the original ECU we sold you is not at fault, we've replaced it, given you free parts to attempt to rectify the problem which isn't there, and still you don't seem happy with our service.

I'm not sure what the problem actually is here, but I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, it's not the ECU. You're welcome to bring it up to us and we'll show you on another car using a Pro that it is a fully working ECU.

Also, please feel free to actually call us, or even e-mail us if you have a complaint, instead of posting a vague post on here with no information.

Thanks,

Robin

ps. obviously we like to keep active on the forums, but due to the fact that we're not exactly blessed with the luxury of time to sit on the internet all day, we might not reply straight away.

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by Robin]
dannymccann

27th Mar 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member

^ Owned tbh
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

lol ok.

new mfi pro ecu and loom

bought as plug and play.

ended up converting from dizzy to coil pack, had to modify bottom pulley and add a trigger wheel and make up a crank sensor bracket.

now that is no way plug and play.

right then, the ecu never ever got a crank sensor signal for some reason. new processor and sensor was sent to use and still nothing.

numerous phone calls to try n rectify the problem, being told we will be called back and most of the time this not happening.

delivery of items has been pretty bad, being told things have been sent to us and will arrive on a certian day to find they havent even been sent.

ecu gets sent back to jamsport.

they tell us it has been plugged into a car and there is nothing wrong with it.

they tell us it was sent out last week to us. oh look the package shows it was posted on the 26th (clearly stated a couple days ago that it had been sent last week)

oh yeah we open the box to find that our 1mtr length of silicon vacuum hose(for map sensor) is now missing and replaced with a tiny piece.

oh and what do you know ITS A DIFFERENT BLOODY ECU.. funny that they told us our ecu was fine, so why is it that we ave received a different one lol.

why not just say oh sorry yes something was wrong with it so weve sent you a new one????

will go down garage in a few hours and see if it pics up the crank sensor signal ......

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by ckallis500]
GTM

27th Mar 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I'm assuming you're Chris Holmes?

If so, you're jumping the gun slightly here. You sent us an ECU which you said didn't work, we tested it on another car, and it worked, however, we still replaced it with a brand new unit with the latest firmware, free of charge.

As well as this, you were sent a replacement trigger pickup chip to rule out the possibility of the wrong one being supplied originally and a brand new replacement crank sensor, to eliminate that as well.

Fair enough, it took a while to get back to you, but we had to test the ECU, then wait for the latest shipment to arrive so that we could replace the ECU with a new version even though we didn't actually need to.

Basically, the original ECU we sold you is not at fault, we've replaced it, given you free parts to attempt to rectify the problem which isn't there, and still you don't seem happy with our service.

I'm not sure what the problem actually is here, but I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, it's not the ECU. You're welcome to bring it up to us and we'll show you on another car using a Pro that it is a fully working ECU.

Also, please feel free to actually call us, or even e-mail us if you have a complaint, instead of posting a vague post on here with no information.

Thanks,

Robin

never wanted to say this on forum but OWNED!
Robin
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
why not just say oh sorry yes something was wrong with it so weve sent you a new one????

Because that would have been a lie.

We sent you a new one (upgraded from version4 to version6 of the firmware) as a good will gesture.

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by Robin]
--ToM--

27th Mar 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

fuck me OWNED llooll
Daimo B

27th Mar 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
lol ok.

new mfi pro ecu and loom

bought as plug and play.

ended up converting from dizzy to coil pack, had to modify bottom pulley and add a trigger wheel and make up a crank sensor bracket.

now that is no way plug and play.

right then, the ecu never ever got a crank sensor signal for some reason. new processor and sensor was sent to use and still nothing.

numerous phone calls to try n rectify the problem, being told we will be called back and most of the time this not happening.

delivery of items has been pretty bad, being told things have been sent to us and will arrive on a certian day to find they havent even been sent.

ecu gets sent back to jamsport.

they tell us it has been plugged into a car and there is nothing wrong with it.

they tell us it was sent out last week to us. oh look the package shows it was posted on the 26th (clearly stated a couple days ago that it had been sent last week)

oh yeah we open the box to find that our 1mtr length of silicon vacuum hose(for map sensor) is now missing and replaced with a tiny piece.

oh and what do you know ITS A DIFFERENT BLOODY ECU.. funny that they told us our ecu was fine, so why is it that we ave received a different one lol.

will go down garage in a few hours and see if it pics up the crank sensor signal ......

Given Robins reply mearly a few minutes before yours, and the fact he's covered everything that you've mentioned after, I have to say that it seems your on a bit of a rant and that Jamsport has done everything to help, in fact i'd even say they've gone over what they are required to do.

And i've never purchased from them nor used them so am not sticking my nose up their pooper.

Speak to Robin, or maybe even give them a call, or even go down there. It'll get you a lot further than a rant on a forum without real justification.
dannymccann

27th Mar 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member

You also may wish to delete this thread as somesort of goodwill gesture, because as you are no longer anonymous to jamsport they may well feel they dont want to do business with you anymore if you are giving them some bad publicity completely unnecessarily

edit - as seems to be the case.

As Daimo said, I also have never bought from them, and I dont know Robin or Broster in person or anything, so have no affiliation with the company

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by dannymccann]
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

a good gesture yes thanks.

but what i dont get is we get told that there is nothing wrong with the ecu and it is being sent back to us. to find it gets sent back a week later than when we were told it had been sent. and the fact that we were told the ecu is fine you'd normally expect the same ecu back, seems dodgy when nothign is said about it and we receive a new one, to us it seems that the original ecu was dead...

so then we go down to the garage this even and it doesnt work, what are you going to do about it?

and please tell me because i really want to know, how the hell you can justify this ecu being plug and play when it clearly wasnt lol.

it may not have been you we had been chatting to before parting with our money but it was bought on the basis that it was plug and play.

its just when numerous things like this have been going on what else do you expect us to think?
Robin
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

There's a metre of brand new vac pipe in the post to you now too Chris, didn't realise we'd not sent that back.
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
You also may wish to delete this thread as somesort of goodwill gesture, because as you are no longer anonymous to jamsport they may well feel they dont want to do business with you anymore if you are giving them some bad publicity completely unnecessarily

As Daimo said, I also have never bought from them, and I dont know Robin or Broster in person or anything, so have no affiliation with the company

this is not to be deleted no. who give a toss about being anonymous?

ecu was bought by chris holmes and im chris kallis a good friend. Fazza (shaun is good friends and knows the whole situation) hows that for not being anonymous

this is to show our ongoing problems with jamsport

which as of yet are still not rectified as we have not tried the ecu at our end on our engine

Daimo B

27th Mar 09 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
a good gesture yes thanks.

but what i dont get is we get told that there is nothing wrong with the ecu and it is being sent back to us. to find it gets sent back a week later than when we were told it had been sent. and the fact that we were told the ecu is fine you'd normally expect the same ecu back, seems dodgy when nothign is said about it and we receive a new one, to us it seems that the original ecu was dead...

so then we go down to the garage this even and it doesnt work, what are you going to do about it?

and please tell me because i really want to know, how the hell you can justify this ecu being plug and play when it clearly wasnt lol.

it may not have been you we had been chatting to before parting with our money but it was bought on the basis that it was plug and play.

its just when numerous things like this have been going on what else do you expect us to think?

I work in IT, the most simplest of plug and play equipment (ever used a memory stick?)....

Sometimes, some things still do not work. Its not the person who's sold it to me's fault and it does seem like JS are trying to help...

You want to be thankfull this isn't 5+ years ago and your dealing with PVD, where you'd have paid for the item and not even got it at all
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Sending a different ECU was probably a case of nipping the problem in the bud, if the ECU was faulty then replacing it gets rid of the problem, even though they tested it.
Daimo B

27th Mar 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann

this is not to be deleted no. who give a toss about being anonymous?

ecu was bought by chris holmes and im chris kallis a good friend. Fazza (shaun is good friends and knows the whole situation) hows that for not being anonymous

this is to show our ongoing problems with jamsport

which as of yet are still not rectified as we have not tried the ecu at our end on our engine

So you've got it, but not fitted the replacement, but still on a whinge.

Is that Jamsports fault that you've not tried the new one yet??

I see this as they've sent you the part, but have missed ONE small boost pipe, which Robins just sent in the post and apologised for, and your still moaning.

Go deal with V-Sport instead. I hear the service there is far superiour....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » jamsport like taking the monkey... 23 database queries in 0.1917751 seconds