corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Standard Corsa B Headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Standard Corsa B Headunit
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
16th Mar 09 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My girlfriend has a R-reg 1.4 5-door Corsa B with a headunit that has been 'locked'. The previous owner entered too many codes or something, and now it can't be used. She wants a CD player anyway so I was just gunna bung mine in for her, but I can't get hers out. I presume you need 'keys' but can anyone point me to what I should buy? I've never changed a headunit before so I'm not all that clued up. My headunit is already in my Corsa B, so is it simply a case of swapping them over and it'll work instantly?
*JonnyG*

16th Mar 09 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its like most cars, http://www.motor-world.co.uk/index.cfm?product=48&product_title=Autoleads%20ISO%20Cage%20Stereo%20Removal%20Keys%20-%20PC583
mattk

16th Mar 09 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont vauxhalls have 4 little allen bolts holding them in?
davieslim

16th Mar 09 at 03:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above if its never been out before you will notice in the holes where the pins go there tiny allen headed screws you have to remove, once there out use a set of pins to draw the headunit out, one its out its a case of removing the old black vauxhall cage and fitting yuor own then iso gets plugged in and ariel adaptor and your sorted

davie
xa0s
Banned

16th Mar 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say a set of pins... What do you mean?

And will just normal allen keys do the job?
davieslim

16th Mar 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normal type of allen keys will do but its a tiny one you need, and to remove the headunit you need removal pins
http://www.motor-world.co.uk/clients/www.motor-world.co.uk/assets/Image/products/PC583.jpg

davie

New Poll