corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Carlton GSi / Lotus Carlton Replica

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Carlton GSi / Lotus Carlton Replica
boylers11

User status: Offline
15th Mar 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The time has come to sell my Lotus Carlton Replica. I purchased it nearly 2 years ago to be the 5th proud careful owner. 150K miles. MOT’d until 19/09/09. Taxed until 30/06/09

It is based on a GSi3000 24V with private reg. GSI 50RH (worth a bit!)
The body styling was carried out around 10 years ago, when it had a full re-spray also.

The kit itself is a fibreglass replica, but the badges are original.

The wheels are genuine Lotus alloys, complete with P Zero tyres - all with good tread and locking wheel nuts (worth plenty on their own!)

It also has performance suspension, Scorpion full stainless steel exhaust, FSE boost valve and a K&N panel filter. The previous owner stated that it had been fitted with a performance chip, so pulls all the way through the rev range. Standard GSi’s have 202bhp, but this one recently pushed 189bhp at the wheels, converting to around 230-235bhp at the flywheel.

The owner before me (who has regular Total Vauxhall Magazine features, as he builds his own competing rally cars) bought it as an automatic, but quickly converted it to a 5 speed manual via the correct Getrag gearbox (about 10K miles ago). At the same time, he also fitted a new Dual Mass flywheel (approx £340) from CES Motor Factors and a Luk UK Clutch Assy (approx £137). He also fitted a new fuel pump, up rated front brake pads and a vacuum reservoir for the dual ram.

The second owner had a full engine rebuild carried out costing £3k at 105K (receipt to prove) when it was also fitted with heavy duty timing chains and guides, so the engine has covered around 50K miles since then, which is just run in for one of these mighty engines!

The interior is half leather and in excellent condition, regularly washed and leather-conditioned by myself with AutoGlym leather carer. There is a Kenwood stereo system with a 10CD changer in the boot with custom fit front speakers in the original speakers’ position. I have also sourced a brand new battery, spare boot liner, spare wheel cover, a bonnet liner, a used spare front bumper (fibreglass replica), a brand new boxed replica rear spoiler and a genuine used Lotus rear spoiler (half sanded down).

I have also recently had a mechanic fit a different distributor as the lower bearing had worn in the original. He also carried out a full engine diagnostics check…all is as it should be.

There are very few bad points, but here they are:

Cruise control doesn’t work (apparently all it needs is dry soldering in the control box)

The fuel gauge is constantly reading ‘empty’ (I have purchased a spare tank floater. The trip computer does work when the fuel gauge is fixed)

The rear doors were showing weathering signs, so I drilled them out, treated them and filled them with fibreglass.

The rear boot spoiler has sunk slightly so could do with replacing (with one of the spares included in this auction).

The brake warning light on the dash is on constantly (due to the up rated brake pads not having sensors on them).

As would be expected, this Carlton is not perfect on the exterior, but does turn heads wherever you go and people regularly ask if it’s a ‘real’ Lotus Carlton.

If I had the time to sort out the minor imperfections, I would do them, but due to work, spare time is in very short supply!

There are bound to be lots of things I have forgotten to say, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

I'm looking for £2000 no offers

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Vauxhall Carlton GSi / Lotus Carlton Replica 24 database queries in 0.0108790 seconds