corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring Points

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Declaring Points
Mertin

User status: Offline
26th Feb 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you receive points half way through your insurance policy do you have to declare them when you receive them, or at your renewal?

Heard mixed stories about it
mattk

26th Feb 09 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say when you get them, you dont declare a modification at renewal time do you
pow
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my named drivers (she never drives the car anyway!) now has points and I thought you had to declaire them now anyway?

Dad just said declaire them at renewal time, but then if your the policy holder...?
stubbsy05

26th Feb 09 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I declared them when I got them.
mattk

26th Feb 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont make a blind bit of difference if its only 3 anyway
deano87

26th Feb 09 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have said at renewal.

If you have an accident mid-term of the insurance, they don't bump up the premiums, only at renewal.

It's slightly different granted, but still.

And when you get insurance quotes it asks "Have you had any driving convictions and/or points in the last 3 years?" - to me that is 3 years prior to taking out insurance.

[Edited on 26-02-2009 by deano87]
K2 GTi

26th Feb 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another question, what happened if you don't declare them? And how do they find out?
Wrighty

26th Feb 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk

what matt said
Mertin

26th Feb 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:

what matt said

Tried a quote for an ek9 and there was 300 of a difference with 3 points
a_j_mair

26th Feb 09 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mite make a difference if they drive it and crash though.

Id declare now tbh
deano87

26th Feb 09 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
mite make a difference if they drive it and crash though.

Id declare now tbh

Very true.
pow
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Godmother is NEVER going to drive my car now she has a C220 CDI in top spec
stubbsy05

26th Feb 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:

what matt said

Tried a quote for an ek9 and there was 300 of a difference with 3 points

Ditto on my EK4 VTI aged 19 with Elephant
DizzyRebel

26th Feb 09 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They find out when they ask you to send a fax copy of your driving licence over and see it has points on it.

Best option is to phone the DVLA and say you lost your photocard and paper counterpart then ask for a duplicate. That way you have one licence for the courts to put points on and another that clean to show your insurance company and keep your premiums down.

Also if you have a 3rd one registered at an alternate address, if you ever get banned you can drive on the other licence - as your details are different to the licence which was banned.

Theres still loads of ways around the driving system, untill everyone is fitted with a microchip there is always a way around things like this
pow
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, lets con the DVLA and insurance companies.

It's people that you are outlining (I assume yourself?) that make my piss boil.

YOu get caught speeding, take the fine adn the points. I have an accident on my record, but I will carry on declairing that untill I don't have to, if it puts my preiums up or not. People like that are adding that magic £30 on to my insurance policy, so where to a write to you to ask for my refund?

[Edited on 26-02-2009 by pow]
DizzyRebel

26th Feb 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody is putting your premiums up other than the insurance companys. Insurance companys have us all by the balls as they know we NEED insurance so consequently charge what they like.

Ive never had an accident, never been caught speeding, have no points, convictions or claims. I just make sure i have the precautions in place to keep one step ahead. This country is big brother enough as it is, people like you who are spineless and fall in line are what makes this country the joke it is. Im just looking after my own best interests, you are nobody to judge me.

And if you have an accident on your history, its people like YOU who are putting my premiums up if were going to play the game your way.

Now would you like an address to send my 'refund' to?

[Edited on 26-02-2009 by DizzyRebel]
pow
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How am I putting your preimum up? Bloody hell I'm paying for my own accident over and over, firstly my excess then 3 years (minimum) after?

And why do you need to suggest having two copys of your driving licence? What is the point? Ever heard of the PNC?

People that "fall in line"? I agree, country is a joke, but it's people who DONT do things by the book that is making it his way, claiming benifits when they dont need them, the "chav" culture.

Are you seriously telling me that if we al;l rebeled, didn't pay income tax, claimed benifits, didn't insure/tax/lincence outself on the road, this country would be a better place?

Yeah, right.
mwg

26th Feb 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine 5 days after my yearly renewal and didn't declare them till the next renewal Just took the chance
corsa - gus

26th Feb 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just declared mine at renewal time, and lost 3 years no claims due to my accident. My insurance has gone up by £60 happy days
Rob E

26th Feb 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The duplicate thing doesnt work any more, Whittie off here had two paper liscences and ended up recieving letters from the DVLA about it asking him to return the one which was clean
corsa - gus

26th Feb 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
The duplicate thing doesnt work any more, Whittie off here had two paper liscences and ended up recieving letters from the DVLA about it asking him to return the one which was clean

I lost mine so got a new one, got points on the new one, lost it then found the clean one
a_j_mair

26th Feb 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
They find out when they ask you to send a fax copy of your driving licence over and see it has points on it.

Best option is to phone the DVLA and say you lost your photocard and paper counterpart then ask for a duplicate. That way you have one licence for the courts to put points on and another that clean to show your insurance company and keep your premiums down.

Also if you have a 3rd one registered at an alternate address, if you ever get banned you can drive on the other licence - as your details are different to the licence which was banned.

Theres still loads of ways around the driving system, untill everyone is fitted with a microchip there is always a way around things like this

its all on a computer database you clown so if you change the address it will be changed on the database so when you get stopped and they radio in to check you out it will come up

DizzyRebel

26th Feb 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, your not listening. You change address on one licence, the lience issue number is different.

When john smith at 999 lestbe avenue is banned for 6 months, his licence and issue number are banned. But john smith who lives at 123 fake street who has a different licence issue number is not affected by this ban even though they are the same person.

Also when the dvla send you letters asking for the paper one back (assuming you got points but never took the licnece to court with you. You tell them you lost the licence and theres nothing they can do about it other than issue you with a new one. The trick is to apply for a dupilicate before you even get caught speeding so the dvla dont suspect your trying to pull a fast one.

Income tax and road tax are bollocks, so is fuel tax. The only tax that should be allowed is VAT. Speed cameras should be banned and the country would be a much better place. People would be happier and much better off. Asylum seekers should all be sent home, people on benefits made to work for their money and britain would be great again.

We are a nation of pushovers who wont stand up for ourselves. The country is a joke and i do everything i can to rebel against the nanny state we have become.

This country went down hill as soon as winston churchill came out of power.
pow
Premium Member

26th Feb 09 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright, go run for Prime Minister and lets you sort us out then.

"A nation of pushovers".

Go fuck off to somewhere in the middle east then, they aren't pushovers.

You'll be back soon.

[Edited on 26-02-2009 by pow]
K2 GTi

26th Feb 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dizzy speaks sense.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Declaring Points 22 database queries in 0.0167179 seconds