corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » SEAT IBIZA CUPRA 1.8 20VT

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SEAT IBIZA CUPRA 1.8 20VT
will_ainsworth

User status: Offline
25th Feb 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i never actually got around to adding a progress blog for my car... so thought i should start one....

It all started last year when i was wanting a different car. dont get me wrong i loved my little 106gti but i knew sooner or later it would kill me so put it for sale and it sold! i thought to my self ''right as i dont know what i want yet ill go put the money in the safe and leave it until i decide'' anyway that plan went out the window because i was sat there very bored the next day and thought ''fuck it, lets go buy a car.'' Looked on autotrader and pistonheads and came across a red seat ibiza cupra. being only 18 i thought well i guess i cant get insured, so i checked anyway and mr insurance said yes in return for another 200quid. happy with that i thought well this car is only around the corner may as well check it out, not a fan of it in red but lets go check it out!
went there thinking i wouldn't part with the cash but as i walked around the corner wow the car was a minter. i knew i really wanted it straight away. anyway after a bit of talking and paper signing i walked/drove away with my new ibiza, drive home wasn't the best as it was dark, i wasn't used to some of its luxuries at one point i pressed the lock button and though i opened the boot, got out to check then didnt even know how to open the boot
anyway first thing i did was get home, no-one knew i was getting a car as even i didnt, but was good to see their shocked faces when i came back with a mint car .

anyway this is when i first got it (19/09/08)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22/09/08
Next came a wheel refurb, these rota's came with a diamond cut dish and they were a bit kerbed and also where the water had got between the diamond cut, it had left the white worm effect....

also painted my calipers black, thing it looks nicer and cleaner now, and we also tackled the back arches as they had been rolled and not treated so we got rid of any loose rust and got a good lot of hammarite in there! job sorted!

to start with i wasnt happy with these wheels didnt think much of them but since the refurb they have really really grown on me

before

after

then the next day once all complete i gave the car a nice clean... some pics of it looking rather mint!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next i decided to get a dump valve, may sound chavy but when you have a turbo its almost the most important thing to have that wooshy wooshy noise!
decided to get a decent forge splir r

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The week after i had a bit of a argument with a lampost .. silly little mistake just reversing normally and didnt see it due to the wide ass c pillar!

looking really sorry for itself the next day

anyway a week later it was better than before... got my door handles resprayed as the lacquer was peeling and also my wing mirror was cracked from prev owner... so i had that all fixed...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

next i decided to dewiper the beeza, looks much better imo

also got some sparco flat wiper blades at the same time

----------------------------------------------------------------------

few random pics i took...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I then bought some HIDS from a local site picked them up new years eve lol and i broke a bulb within 2 minutes of fitting! so had to get new ones off ebay. then i found out only one ballast worked so infact i bought one single ballast for 40 quid lol!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next came my gauges and pillar, was alot of money for a bit of fibre glas but im really happy with it, from nomad racing. all in for the guages and pod it cost me £120 which isnt too bad, went for these guages as the colour match to the cupra dials is amazingly good, and they have the same red light colour match to the dials too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next i bought some vibe comps as my speakers sounded awful.... no pics here. but when i took the doorcards off i noticed i already had alpine comps, they were terrible tho!

this is what i had...

seriously dont bother getting them i could make better ones from paper...

these sound so much nicer! may install my sub (only a little one) but these give a good range of freq!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next i had to buy some new rubbers.... two new toyo proxes for the front as they were both on the limit. only 6months old aswell... great....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next arrived my jetex filter, forge 45degree elbow pipe and alloy joiner, along with the vacuum pipes...
next minute i got a call from my mate mr 45_CB who asked if i wanted to buy his H&R CUP suspension, as you can guess i went straight around and we fitted it all.....

induction pipe

white battery looking rather crap!!

better looking sprayed battery!

mmmmm pizza

made in ze germans

doing the above made me get rather angry.... see vvv

Finally!!!

looking a bit better. in the pics it still looked a bit high has settled alot now is 50mm kit.

my standard shocks and -40mm springs were soooo shit no wonder i never wanted to drive fast as it just felt like it would topple, never thought i would say this about my car but its handling very well for a fat elephant...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then decided to do the n249 bypass

i then removed the n249 bit (that black box) and cleaned the bay and started polishing my inlet

then went out for some piccys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next was a exhaust, just popped it in today to be custom fabricated. 3'' downpipe decat from the turbo> straight through center section > to a twin exit pipe. picking it up tomorrow shout sound nice...

------------

anyway here is my list as of now...
2001 Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 Turbo
Longlife custom turbo back exhaust, 3'' decat downpipe - straight through 2.5'' centre section to a twin back box (miltek style)
17'' rota lightweight subzero alloys wrapped in new toyo proxies
H&R CUP Suspension
half leather interior
HID Kit
Forge 45 degree elbow and alloy joiner to a Jetex Cone filter
Blue forge vacuum piping
Leon Cupra R Front splitter
Forge Split R dump valve
Nomad Twin A Pillar Gauge pod
Autoguage Boost and oil temp guages
De-wipered boot
5mm spacers
Vibe front components
sparco flat wiper blades

(this is a plan of how i would like to to finally look)

oh and a quick vid .... (before exhaust filter etc.....)
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/ainsworthwilliam/?action=view&current=66087fff.pbr

[Edited on 25-02-2009 by will_ainsworth]
Nick A

25th Feb 09 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice!! looks in mint condition. I have a mk4 ibiza cupra 1.820vT and cannot fault anything on them
andys sxi
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks really nice some good pics of it

im hopeing to get 1 of these

April 08 feature car
P1CK4D

25th Feb 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those photos are incredible!
--DAN--

25th Feb 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Those photos are incredible!
DaNnY_LaD

25th Feb 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What camera is that Will?
will_ainsworth

25th Feb 09 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

canon 400d
Paul_J

25th Feb 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool pics... though I love what it says on this van in the background

Jamie_Hastings1

25th Feb 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am thinking the exact same mate get rid of my 106 gti for one of these. What they like then? Fast reliable etc?
will_ainsworth

25th Feb 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reliable yh, fastish but wont feel as quik as your tin can lol but they are a bit quiker
will_ainsworth

25th Feb 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry that wasnt really a good reply lol ^^^ standard there ok not as fun as a gti, but get some decent susp, and just a filter and a remap and it will be so much better! i sorta wish mine was remapped already bit im waiting as im going stage 2 so no point mapping now then having to get it done again later.
will_ainsworth

26th Feb 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exhaust all done just picked it up, had a big back box at first and sounded nice, but too big at rattled loads (knocking) so they put a small one in, rather small tho! so they said to drive it a week see if it beds in, if still loud come back and were put another box in!

vids...

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...t=MOV00157.flv

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...t=f1073f4b.pbr
XSIHardy

26th Feb 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You take the piss with photoshop tbh, mint skills

car looking very good, plans look good as well
will_ainsworth

2nd Mar 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a bit loud so its going back for a middle box tmoz, dont ask about that tho :@, anyway quick vid.. shite start im afraid

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/ainsworthwilliam/?action=view&current=cupranewexhaust.flv
fazza

2nd Mar 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who did your wheels will?
will_ainsworth

2nd Mar 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and my mate pablo
sand-eel

2nd Mar 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_ainsworth
its a bit loud so its going back for a middle box tmoz, dont ask about that tho :@, anyway quick vid.. shite start im afraid

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/ainsworthwilliam/?action=view¤t=cupranewexhaust.flv

at the cyclist flying past
will_ainsworth

2nd Mar 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway i was rather miffed off today with all this exhaust shite, decided to cheer myself up and by this forge beauty

Stokie Dave

2nd Mar 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it'd be a wise move toning that exhaust down, Turbo stuff sounds wank when it's raspy. Car itself is a looker though, I love 'em
will_ainsworth

4th Mar 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stokie Dave
Think it'd be a wise move toning that exhaust down, Turbo stuff sounds wank when it's raspy. Car itself is a looker though, I love 'em

all been sorted now, nice middle box cured that!

anyway some pics

dean101287

4th Mar 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want it! Pretty good with the old camera/ photoshop aint you. Car looks great aswell. Im looking to get one soonish
will_ainsworth

4th Mar 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say buy mine but i want it lol. will be running high 200s soon
Graham88

4th Mar 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm jealous of your picture taking ability

Like the car too
big eck

4th Mar 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ nearly every mod you have done is exactly what I done to mine lol, right down to the LCR splitter

Altho I got mine remapped

Its a completly different beast when mapped mate, plus you need wider spacers on the rear imo, I fitted 20mm spacers on mine but that was on standard alloys
will_ainsworth

4th Mar 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Christ nearly every mod you have done is exactly what I done to mine lol, right down to the LCR splitter

Altho I got mine remapped

Its a completly different beast when mapped mate, plus you need wider spacers on the rear imo, I fitted 20mm spacers on mine but that was on standard alloys

lol funny you should say about the spacers hha

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » SEAT IBIZA CUPRA 1.8 20VT 24 database queries in 0.1924641 seconds