corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lexmaul Inlet Manifold!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lexmaul Inlet Manifold!
ste_p23

User status: Offline
19th Feb 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right im looking at getting a Lexmaul Inlet Manifold as ive heard they are quite good through all the rev range and are meant to be very simple to fit.

My first question is are they simple to fit as the kit that flame sells seems abit to fiddly for me!

Also how does the kit work as ive seen them and it just seems to be a peice of red metal lol do the kits come with piping etc or is it just a straight swap for the old manifold?

Does the kit work in the same way as the kit flame sells?

If i buy the manifold will i need anything else for it to fit?

Sorry about the million questions i just wana make sure its the right choice before i blow some cash

[Edited on 19-02-2009 by ste_p23]
philip2

19th Feb 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not buy the powerbox from flame or similar or it a name thing?

just unless its cheaper than what flame sells them for, i dont really see any point in spending the extra money. where it could be spent on something else.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
19th Feb 09 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a completely different intake setup to the powerboxes that flame and others make.

It simply replaces the upper inlet manifold, and doesn't involve moving the throttle body or removing the intake hose from around the back of the engine block, making it easily irreversible.

I fitted my Lexmaul in about an hour, and have had it off many times since for other jobs and its extremely easy to work with.
ste_p23

19th Feb 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you rate it highly then? How does the extra air pass through then?

Im thinking about a new exhaust manifold to help it aswell will this make any differance?
ChrisBoom

19th Feb 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ste_p23
Would you rate it highly then? How does the extra air pass through then?

Im thinking about a new exhaust manifold to help it aswell will this make any differance?

Standard manifold:

Its a very thin, restrictive manifold, reducing power.

Lexmaul:

As you can see, takes away all the small, thin branches of the standard manifold into one channel, hence why it has "Ram Induction" written on the lexmaul.

New Poll