corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Calibra advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Calibra advice
WATSON

User status: Offline
8th Feb 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate that knows nothing about cars had a quick blast of a calibra lastnight but come into some running/moving problems...

The car goes INTO gear can try drive but the revs just clim, you can start it up in gear with no clutch and it wont jump forward there was a smell of burning also he said

Its got a 16v badge on the back but then he said it "COULD" be a turbo?, Its got full leather but then didnt the turbo calibras come with a small boot spolier and also badged turbo on the back?

any ideas? I have told him to ask the guy what engine is in it but he cant get hold of him.

when he phoned the guy when it happend the guy turn around and said hes burnt out the hydro clutch? without him even looking or anything at the car and hes asking for £400 to fix .

So any ideas?
sand-eel

8th Feb 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does sound like the clutch is buggered
sand-eel

8th Feb 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hydro clutch , does he mean a wet clutch i wonder, which you get in motorbikes, i doubt a calibra has one.
WATSON

8th Feb 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hydraulic clutch sorry.
sand-eel

8th Feb 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh hydro = hydraulic = the clutch is hydraulic not cable, so its just a normal clutch
Corsa_Sport21

9th Feb 09 at 05:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc all calibras had a cable clutch anyway.

And not all turbos have the spoiler and most non turbo calibras had leather anyway.

So is the seller saying your mate fucked it??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Calibra advice 22 database queries in 0.0118961 seconds