corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My ST170, wheel colour opinions needed...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My ST170, wheel colour opinions needed...
Kano

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this on Ebay and got it for what I think was a bargain.. i knew it was a bit rusty before I went to get it so was expecting to have to get the arches painted.... ended up needing both quarters and the boot done for it to be right.

Its back now rust free so just got the suspension and wheels to sort out. Ordered 40mm springs but cant decide what colour to get the wheels done?? Ive bought new centre caps so they will highly likely be staying silver but I thought black wheels would suit it quite well even with the caps silver..

Some pictures of it..Not got any of it painted as its in my garage on axle stands just now with no suspension...

Mo

3rd Feb 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep them silver

white will stand out too much,
black you'll get away with but don't think it'll look too good,
grey/antracite will clash
deano87

3rd Feb 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, keep them silver. These look great as they are.
Rich H

3rd Feb 09 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends if youre going to keep it for a little while or sell it straight on imo.

Silver if selling, same colour as car if keeping for a bit.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Feb 09 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love these
Mobby

3rd Feb 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

white and lowered, mates got a a st170 in black with white pro race 2's and spax coilys. look pretty nice tbh
dava.

honda cosmic grey?
not best of pics but just for a rough idea,
Kano

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Depends if youre going to keep it for a little while or sell it straight on imo.

Keeping it for the next year or so... selling my Girflriends corsa thats on finance so she can save a fair bit each month and shes just going to use the focus. I only need it 2 days a week because i've got my works van the rest of the week so makes sense just to let her have it..

Silver is the safe bet but I hate spending £140 for it to look the same.. Black with the silver centres I thought would look alright but not 100% sure..

Will fi the springs this week and maybe spray a couple wheels black just to decide before they go to be powdercoated..
Kano

3rd Feb 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whites not an option, hate white wheels...
ash_corsa

3rd Feb 09 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Original silver has my vote mate.

Had a fair bit of paint for a 52 plate'r. Looks mint though!

How much did you pay for the centre caps? they brand new? my mates wheels and caps need doing on his silver 170
Tom

3rd Feb 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black with silver centres would look odd imo. How much did you pick it up for if you don't mind me asking?
Fad

3rd Feb 09 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame you got to refurb them they have a nice silver finish on them as standard.
Kano

3rd Feb 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Shame you got to refurb them they have a nice silver finish on them as standard.

They look good in those photos but there a mess up close..
SVM 286

3rd Feb 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
quote:

Keeping it for the next year or so... selling my Girflriends corsa thats on finance so she can save a fair bit each month and shes just going to use the focus.

No point in getting 'em refurbed then.
Kano

3rd Feb 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
Original silver has my vote mate.

Had a fair bit of paint for a 52 plate'r. Looks mint though!

How much did you pay for the centre caps? they brand new? my mates wheels and caps need doing on his silver 170

Not really, its over 6 years old and is a Ford..

I could've got away with just doing the arches but it wouldnt have been right so better to paint a bit more of it to get a better result... The car will be due me around £2700ish once I've had the wheels done, that includes buying the car, new key, heater motor, paintwork, centre caps, wheel refurb, 40mm springs.. Standard ones go for about £3.5k upwards from what I've seen.7

[Edited on 03-02-2009 by Kano]
Kano

3rd Feb 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
quote:

Keeping it for the next year or so... selling my Girflriends corsa thats on finance so she can save a fair bit each month and shes just going to use the focus.

No point in getting 'em refurbed then.

Shes a pretty good driver to be honest, her wheels are like new so mine should hopefully survive..
Fad

3rd Feb 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

Can you not get the colour code from Ford? I cleaned up the ones on my mums ST170 and they still look fresh nice metalic silver finish on them
deano87

3rd Feb 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I could've got away with just doing the arches but it wouldnt have been right so better to paint a bit more of it to get a better result... The car will be due me around £2700ish once I've had the wheels done, that includes buying the car, new key, heater motor, paintwork, centre caps, wheel refurb, 40mm springs.. Standard ones go for about £3.5k upwards from what I've seen.7

That is a bloody good price - although it clearly hasn't been treated nicely.

There is one near me on an 03 plate, with about 53k on in a Mitsubushi/Ford dealership for a tad under £5k. I thought that was a bargain!
3i_gaz

3rd Feb 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moondust silver look nice and clean
Kano

3rd Feb 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:

That is a bloody good price - although it clearly hasn't been treated nicely.

There is one near me on an 03 plate, with about 53k on in a Mitsubushi/Ford dealership for a tad under £5k. I thought that was a bargain!

I wouldnt say its been treated badly, has full ford history etc.. Just not the guys pride and joy.. Getting paintwork done is never cheap unless you can get it done cheap.. I only had to pay for materials and one of the guys at my work did the work for next to nothing in his own time...

Once the wheels are done and Ive shampoo's the seats it will be pretty spotless.. Lot of car fr the money though..
Kano

3rd Feb 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

Can you not get the colour code from Ford? I cleaned up the ones on my mums ST170 and they still look fresh nice metalic silver finish on them

Not wanting them painted, never thought that they last well unless there powdercoated. the place I use does a mettalic silver so I can still get a similair finsh..
BYRON

3rd Feb 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice purchase. Did the rot extend beneath the rear bumper? Looking at the repairs, it could make a reappearance fairly soon. Cant moan at the price though
Kano

3rd Feb 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
Nice purchase. Did the rot extend beneath the rear bumper? Looking at the repairs, it could make a reappearance fairly soon. Cant moan at the price though

No it wasnt that bad, the guy that prepped it just took it a lot further back to be sure.. The primer in the pics was nowhere near the extent of the rust, that was just him making sure it was al level I think.. Was literally just bubbles round the arch lip that were on full view. Cant imagine it will ever be like new but it should be good for a while to come..
gez bay

3rd Feb 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

cunningham

3rd Feb 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black or hyper silver

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My ST170, wheel colour opinions needed... 22 database queries in 0.1788599 seconds