corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » Next Meet - Sunday 22nd February at 2 PM - All details updated in first post!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Next Meet - Sunday 22nd February at 2 PM - All details updated in first post!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
   3rd Feb 09 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guys, I think we have all had enough time off over Christmas and the New Year, and its now time for the first official South Wales regional meet of 2009

I'm currently extremely busy in uni, but want to come out and say hello to as many new faces as possible this year, so the more that can make it, the better.

As it stands at the moment, I don't have any ideas on where we should go or what we should do. For your information, the only other meet I have organised so far has been a mid-week event, where we went for food and then a small tour of sections of Swansea, but I'm sure something different could be done this time round.

I'm interested in doing a weekend meet - maybe a Sunday in the near future? With most of you being Welsh, I guess the next two weekends are unavailable due to the RBS Six Nations, so the next available Sunday for me is Sunday 22nd February. I don't mind travelling pretty much anywhere within South Wales as long as its to an interesting place with a fairly large turnout.

Just for information again, I know we are currently looking at organising a rolling road event, but this will not be for another 6-8 weeks minimum, and I'd like us all to meet up again before then if possible.

Any ideas would be welcomed with open arms, whether it be a place or activity for us all

Cheers guys, lets all please try to make suggestions so this can be organised quickly, giving people the chance to book the day off work, fix cars, escape from family weddings etc

Tom

UPDATE

Right Guys, the plan is to meet at the junction of the A4061 and A4107, a couple of miles North of Nant-y-moel. The meeting point can be the car park near the junction, which you can see in the centre of the following map:

http://www.multimap.com/s/ALsOOyL3

For those of you that prefer a normal looking map, you can use this link:

http://www.multimap.com/s/BKtUCyeA

As I'm sure you all know, you can use the bar on the right of the map to zoom in and out, to understand where the meeting point is.

Now, to get there, please use the following link to ensure you have sufficient directions, obviously putting in your own postcode as the starting location (the car park isn't exactly at the end point, but its close enough):

http://www.multimap.com/s/DCCeSuDM

My planned meeting time is 2 pm, where we can take a few pictures, have a chat, then drive down through the Black Mountains towards Port Talbot/Swansea, where we can stop off and have some food.

The phone numbers I currently have are:

Adzbeynz - Adam
AlunJ - Alun
Chunky_nb - Nathan
dean101287 - Dean
gez_c16b - Gez
Jam666
Jamjar15 - Jenwah (maybe his brother now)
Rob E - Rob
Sumner2k3
Supreme Faulk - Kris
Swill_omnibus - Steve
Tom J - Tom

If I don't have your number, or if you haven't got mine to contact me on should you get lost, please u2u me.

I think that's all the details for now - obviously, should any problems arise or more information is needed, please don't hesistate to contact me.

Oh, and I can also bring my Cesaro's (see my sig) to the meet if anybody wants to buy them

Ciao for now

[Edited on 17-02-2009 by tom_simes]
supremefaulk

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 09 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be keen to meet up with all you lot, as I havent really met half of you! lol
That weekend would be fine by me too, just so long as the car is all fixed up by then!

I honestly have no ideas of what we could all do yet, but will put some thought into it! Also willing to travel a bit for something tidy!

Kris
chunky_nb

3rd Feb 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yello il be in, i think im off work so hoefully all will be gd and il be able to make it, regarding the rolling road i wont be putting my car on any rollers till ive done my redtop conversion and its running tidy
geth_16vsport

3rd Feb 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the black mountain road A4069 (the same road top gear test allot of there cars on like the amg black)could me a good palce to meet and have a drive over if you wanted to do that kind of thing
we when there on the total vauxhall drive to good fun

[Edited on 03-02-2009 by geth_16vsport]

[Edited on 03-02-2009 by geth_16vsport]
gez bay

3rd Feb 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah! im deffenatley up for the meet!
my engine will be back in by this week anyway so...happy days, i know photos are always taken when meets are on, but we should find somewhere with awsome scenery/backround etc...get plenty of pics as i havent taken many with the car actually on 4 wheels
so yeah, if its good weather the black mountains would be cool!!
dont mind where we go tho really
swill_omnibus

4th Feb 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about that shopping centre that TomJ works at, Mcarthur glen? Meet there then where ever we feel, food near by?

BTW are automatic corsas allowed
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

4th Feb 09 at 23:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto Corsa's are allowed, thats not a problem.

Tom J doesn't work in McArthurGlen anymore btw

It seems that the Black Mountains are a good idea though, and popular - son't worry Steve, we won't be leaving you behind in an auto, I'll make sure of that!

Gez and Geth, I know you're both a bit further up the valley than I am (I live in Swansea centre), so do you know of anywhere in particular we can go for a drive, or some good photo locations or a nice pub/cafe?
swill_omnibus

5th Feb 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey i have an "S" button!!! Firmer suspension, lowers slightly and rev limit goes higher, you aint even thought to ask what size engine is in there
gez bay

5th Feb 09 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we could sort some kind of a drive sorta thing out, take some nic pics and go to a cafe for food, i'll think of a couple of places and i'll let you know, before or after the meet tom?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

5th Feb 09 at 00:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably after the drive Gez, be a nice end to the day

Steve, what engine is it? I don't believe that pressing the sport button lowers the suspension
swill_omnibus

5th Feb 09 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol nah i know was all bull, basically the S keeps it a lower gear longer and its a 1.4 8v

Worth a try!
swill_omnibus

5th Feb 09 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if vaux had managed that technology in 1997 then Ferrari and so on should have been down the pan years ago!
gez bay

5th Feb 09 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sunday seems like a good day, hopefully everyone can come...will be my 1st cs meet
AlunJ

5th Feb 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be able to pop along to this fellas, not doing anything on the sunday.
Rob E

5th Feb 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill come armed with a camera
Tom J
Premium Member

13th Feb 09 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what time were u thinking Tom? I'll know early in the week what i'm working that sunday
Tom J
Premium Member

13th Feb 09 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s, i know a place we could get a good photo so long as the weather is good, its up on the bwlch mountain road.
swill_omnibus

13th Feb 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah the Bwlch, such a magical place
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

13th Feb 09 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking of meeting at around 1 or 2 pm Tom, be great if you could make it in the Megane mate

If you know of somewhere for pictures, that would be even better - I still don't have a clue on anywhere to stop for food though?
chunky_nb

14th Feb 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

down through the bwlch and end up in port talbot way, plenty of options then, including where u went last time, taybarns or just a mc donalds,
gez bay

14th Feb 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im working til 5.30 that day
i'll try and catch you all up some where

[Edited on 15-02-2009 by gez c16b]
geth_16vsport

14th Feb 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
p.s, i know a place we could get a good photo so long as the weather is good, its up on the bwlch mountain road.

where is the bwlch mountain road could you give me a link on google maps
gez bay

15th Feb 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geth_16vsport
quote:

where is the bwlch mountain road could you give me a link on google maps

yeah need a road number or something, otherwise you just got a massive mountain that is miles upon miles and goes everywhere

[Edited on 15-02-2009 by gez c16b]
Tom J
Premium Member

15th Feb 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where the a4061 meets the a4107, few miles north of nantymoel would be a good spot for taking pics as there is a backdrop of the rhonnda valleys, then could head down from there, through blaengwynfi, cymmer, duffryn and cwmafon to the M4 at port talbot
chunky_nb

15th Feb 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
where the a4061 meets the a4107, few miles north of nantymoel would be a good spot for taking pics as there is a backdrop of the rhonnda valleys, then could head down from there, through blaengwynfi, cymmer, duffryn and cwmafon to the M4 at port talbot

exactly wot i said, great minds think alike eh mr j lol

[Edited on 15-02-2009 by chunky_nb]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=nantymoel&sll=51.895933,-3.239036&sspn=0.011441,0.038624&ie=UTF8&ll=51.64066,-3.513737&spn=0.021732,0.077248&t=h&z=14

[Edited on 15-02-2009 by chunky_nb]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Wales » Next Meet - Sunday 22nd February at 2 PM - All details updated in first post! 23 database queries in 0.1965089 seconds