corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pressure washers..............

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pressure washers..............
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jan 09 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I am going to get myself one of these anyone got any recomendations?

Will be used for the car and cleaning my MTB

Halfords own brand ones any good or is it worth paying a bit more for something else?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
BarnshaW

25th Jan 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had any problems with my karcher one
Minty_Fresh

25th Jan 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have got the karcher k2950m deluxe..

http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/s/000/77/39/99fa_2.JPG

around £100 and does the job well
chr15barn3s

25th Jan 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been through 3 Karchers in less than a year, they get quite a bit of use though just dont last.
Minty_Fresh

25th Jan 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never known that chris, mine hasnt missed a beat, niether has my mates (bought around the same time as me) and his is fine also..

Nic Barnes

25th Jan 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

karcher i had blew up inside and pissed water out through the casing. 6 months old, lost recipt. went back to normal hose pipe as it hasnt broke yet.
rickiek123

25th Jan 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Karcher industrial steam cleaner its about 10years old and works brilliant
chr15barn3s

25th Jan 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
karcher i had blew up inside and pissed water out through the casing. 6 months old, lost recipt. went back to normal hose pipe as it hasnt broke yet.

Exactly what have happened to all mine, now the warrenty has run out so won't buy another Karcher in 4 months when this new one blows up.
mwg

25th Jan 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a Nilfisk Alto one for over 3 years now and never had a single problem with it
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Karcher's broke wouldn't buy another!

Now use the £99 Alto from Machine Mart, 2 year warranty only problem was a split hose, replaced no problems!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good deal on a Karcher at Robert Dyas

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
wilson_sri

25th Jan 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rickiek123
I have a Karcher industrial steam cleaner its about 10years old and works brilliant

Oh snap!

Industrial ones are designed to last though. The commercial one i have at home seems pretty fragile.

Should maybe look into something like a makita on. Iv only ever seen and used one, seemed a pretty tough build compared to the commerial karcher ones.
Rich H

25th Jan 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Killed my heavy duty Karcher in 4 months of running it from my water tank - £300 down the drain.

Switched to Kranzle and never looked back
chr15barn3s

25th Jan 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Killed my heavy duty Karcher in 4 months of running it from my water tank - £300 down the drain.

Thats what im getting in a month or so, get it through work so no VAT
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seeing as there seems to be quite a bit of negative comments on the krachers etc I think I will jump on the alto bandwagon, also there is a machinemart up the road

So this one looks like quite good value and does all the stuff you need. Looks like it comes with one of those snow things too http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/c120-2-6-power-washer-patio-cleaner/path/domestic-power-washers

rickiek123

25th Jan 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H

Industrial karchers you wont get much change from £1000, Mine peals laquer off cars for fun at 150 degrees. Top Machine, but as the saying goes-you get what you pay for! But the cheep ones still shouldnt break that easy.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the one I use Gavin! Very good and comes with 2yr warranty! Machine Mart often have 0% VAT days too!

Its a not a foam lance just a bottle for your wash solution, does create suds but won't make snow from snow foam, that would need the lance with the Alto connector!

When the hose broke, they gave a longer one as a replacement be about 5m really makes a difference when washing the car not having to keep moving the pressure washer about!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
John

25th Jan 09 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a karcher one here, had it for years, a bit of it spent up on a filthy farm.

Apart from the switch turning right round (still works, just turns further than it should) it still works as good as it always has.
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Thats the one I use Gavin! Very good and comes with 2yr warranty! Machine Mart often have 0% VAT days too!

Its a not a foam lance just a bottle for your wash solution, does create suds but won't make snow from snow foam, that would need the lance with the Alto connector!

When the hose broke, they gave a longer one as a replacement be about 5m really makes a difference when washing the car not having to keep moving the pressure washer about!

Machine mart looks like its open til 6 so might get a chance to pop in after work tomorow. Where do you get the snow lances from for future reference?
As my cars has loads of swirls all over it at the moment which I am going to get removed soon so am going to invest in some new equipment so I dont end up putting them straight back on

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snow Foam Lance ---> HERE

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
As my cars has loads of swirls all over it at the moment which I am going to get removed soon so am going to invest in some new equipment so I dont end up putting them straight back on

Will always put them back on, however careful you are just case of filling / hiding them then lots of waxing to keep the paint as protected as possible

gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787

Will always put them back on, however careful you are just case of filling / hiding them then lots of waxing to keep the paint as protected as possible

Not as many as it has at the moment as I think the previous owner used a brillo pad. Not noticeable until you go under articial lights etc then its like WTF

gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Snow Foam Lance ---> HERE

Cheers fella, didnt think they were that expensive though

SAL
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked on e-bay, seem's a few of them are re-con's etc

Might be better buying through a dealer like robert dyas etc
Rich H

25th Jan 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time for a spot of paint correction to give you a clean base to work from then!!

Snow foam lances are a bit pricey to start with, but will last for ages and do help to a certain extent of the car's kept well maintained

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pressure washers.............. 23 database queries in 0.1958590 seconds