corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Fry's x14sz to a c20xe build

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fry's x14sz to a c20xe build
stuartfry

User status: Offline
5th Mar 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant deside which centre caps to go with as there going to be black and have a red griffin???!

iv got 5 of each and 5 slabs only got pics of the caps so far...

got the pics of the powerflex bushes fitted on the exhaust too.

after fitting the bushes i had a problem with the rear beam hitting on the u clamp so improvised with this:

you can see in a pic before that the car is actualy striped out as in rear bench, boot carpet and sound insulation that was all cleaned with auto tar remover.

the relay was from a gsi fuse box and loom so i can wire in the fog light loom from a real gsi with GM wiring and soon there will be a guide. this is what i started with

and here is what i was left with

thats the front loom for the lights and heres the loom to put in the dash to the control unit.

more to come tomo i hope....
FruitBooTeR

6th Mar 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol bet it took a while to get it down to those few wires

Goood work indeed
Olsrey

6th Mar 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That foam padding will melt/burn by the way.
snoop

6th Mar 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try some old carpet works for me till i can get more permanent fix

stuartfry

6th Mar 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only wanted to get rid of the banging but yes it has but not so much that its messy and it still makes no noise so im happy. yeh it took around an hour to sort and trace but will be worth it. ill get some black carpet snoop thanks!
stuartfry

15th Mar 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only a small update from a while back as iv been busy working on the new plan i have for better power on a budget. driving the x14sz has made one thing very clear to me! im slow but good on fuel witch is good but it gets to much when a gran over takes you in a kia pride......! iv bought my self a e16se and in the process of a small rebuild, i only have before and soon to be fitted after pics but there to come later. i'v fitted a sportex back box 3 inch roll and found that it sits so much better than the walker one and sounds nice with a little pop here and there. i found some more pics about my boot clean up and how much difference a heat gun really does.

before:

after heat gun used and wiped of with tar remover:

to my massive upset iv found that my front bumper has all the bottom brackets broken and that seven screws hold each side up from either wheel arch.

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by stuartfry]
Corsa_Scotty

15th Mar 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate they are seat covers btw what cone filter is that you had on?
stuartfry

15th Mar 09 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol im on the laptop and there the seat covers my boss and me do wooops now its going to be funny with me mending this seeing as only you and a few others will see it. it should be sorted now the filter was a pvd or dvp but changed it to a smaller piper filter. works and sound better. i fitted some of the seat covers Corsa_Scotty what ya think lol.
stuartfry

22nd Mar 09 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv now ordered a new sump, oil pump, head set gasket and head bolts. the e16se looked like this at the start:

i then stripped it down taking of the old oil pump, sump and placed it on an engine stand.

i finished painting it black after a quick clean up and fitted the water pump just to see how it would look.

my mate called me with an offer of a lexmaul exhaust manifold for the e16se. when i went to pick it up i snached it out of his hands as soon as i saw the shape.

here is the difference

standard one next to lexmaul

here's my back box for the mo:

and fitted up my old skirt thats buggard as i cant stand having no skirts on the car.! new ones being painted soon....

my e16se head is being ported andpolished then lightly skimed new valves fitted and acid cleaned but this is what it looks like so far.

i hope this coming week i can have more updates.
stuartfry

7th Apr 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been a while but iv now finished my bottom end on the e16se after so many long days waiting for parts to turn up and having time to upload the pics on photo bucket....

so iv started from this:

took off the old sump, old oil pump, checked that all the bottom end bolts were all tight to the right torques cleaned up the oil pick up pipe and baffle plate, put on new sump gaskets with sealant. put a new crank shaft oil seal on and a new pick up pipe oil seal on the oil pump.

new oil pump and sump

new GM oil pump gasket

oil pump fitted

i needed to prime the oil pump before i could put the sump back on. but the new oil pump i had had no core plug so id have to use my old one from the old pump but....

it was so tight i rouned it off.

back to vauxhall to order the new one!!! set me back 4 days till i got it......!

after waiting i sealed it in there with locktight. it was tight putting in after about 3 full turns just hope it seals.

filled up the oil pump with new oil primed and ready to go on with the other sump gasket and new sump. the oil pump already came with a new seal. i cleaned up the crank pulley locator with sand paper. it now looks like this.

my e16se bottom end is now done and ready for the head to come back from sutton rebore.

iv put on the oil beather pipe and elbow ready for a lick of paint.

pics of the port and polish

iv started on my gearbox im hoping to have it finished by good friday ready for the engine.

i ordered more stuff from work too:

stuartfry

11th Apr 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only a small update but iv got my head back from having a skim, 4 new exhaust valves as two were very tight coming out. when trying the good valves in the bad valve guides but they slid in and out fine and smooth. i noticed that the bad valves were scored by the colit end, making it very hard to remove them. i had all inlet and exhaust valve seats re-cut and all valves lapped in. the head was then dipped into the de-grease. this is what came back after i fitted the spring washers,springs, colits and spring retainers.

head is now ready to be put on, on tuesday when i go back to work. my gear box is nearly done even if i did say it would be done on good friday but the misses comes first ....

iv decided that im going for a small boot build with just a sub and amp on a mdf board covered in black carpet. im using a focal 27v2 sub and a vibe black box 4 amp on 4 gauge vibe wiring kit with a 100 amp fuse.

sub:

john_c20xe

11th Apr 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought you was doing a 2.0?
stuartfry

26th Apr 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

john_c20xe ill be doing the xe this winter i just want a little more power for the time being and i want to take me time with the xe as it will be the first 16 valve engine i will be re building.

any wy iv been busy fittin up my new bushes and going from being glad too sad, mad to very happy. ill let you know right now if you buy superflex or powerflex make sure to use the original vauxhall parts. do not use any cheep after market bits of kit like bottom arms from first line!!!! yes there cheep and good if you want to use them with out changing the bushes but as iv found out each one is mad poorly with the welds and matching sizes to original! so either buy new bottom arms from vauxhall for reasurance of a propper nice fit on a nice newly painted arm or same money and just use what you already have just clean off the rust. ill be updating with pics tomorrow night.
corsa-xe

8th May 09 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oi bitch get this updated you lazy fucker!!!!
flybikeslee

8th May 09 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sort them gay mirrors out!
JBH

8th May 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some standard mirrors, plates a semi smothed tailgate, give it a good polish and get some vauxhall wheels and your onto a winner mate
stuartfry

11th May 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa-xe get your motor sorted ya cunt
flybikeslee ill be getting the standard ones put on when i can but dont know if i should do them black or red? i also have to have electric as iv got tweeters in my manual adjustment covers but il sort it out soon. iv finally finished my gear box

iv fitted the flywheel, clutch, and box on.

iv swapped the crap indercators for mk4 astra ones.

old

new

the bank hol weekend just gone i finally fitted the engine into my car.

old engine

my mate john let me use his unit and helped me out alot (john on the left)

after friday taking the engine out from 8pm to 1am sat, getting up at 6am sat and finishing around 10pm i went to thorpe park with the misses and her family on sunday day of rest..... and monday 11am was fitting loom and tidying up finishing at 12am tuesday morning....

new engine

JBH im on the case with the mirrors, is there something wrong with corsa sport plates???? i want to keep my smooth boot and rear bumper but iv got some vauxhall wheel being refurbed at the mo.

5 TOYO T1R's awaiting fitting

more stuf to come just a little update to keep corsa-xe happy as he helped with the build. thanks mate
stuartfry

30th May 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after waiting around for 2 weeks i had a call saying that my wheels were all finished so this weekend just gone i fitted these

just a quick update before the big update tonight after i fit my GAZ coilovers!

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by stuartfry]
neilb1

30th May 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

t cut the bloody car looks a right mess
stuartfry

31st May 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not the car its the bloody camera! pics dont do it justice. . . . .
stuartfry

4th Jun 09 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

today my mate finally got a good camera shot up on my facebook so here it is when i dont use my phone camera! its now alot lower too! taking the day of work to polish it up for PVS on sat!

then pics of coilovers.

quick update
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

4th Jun 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow it really isnt pink

love it mate, look tidy as fook
john_c20xe

5th Jun 09 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this mate looks smart
l15ter

5th Jun 09 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scaron5188
wow it really isnt pink

love it mate, look tidy as fook
stuartfry

5th Jun 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havn't had a chance to get any pics of the coilovers yet witch is a pain but if all gose well at PVS there will be pics "Praying for good weather.......!"

thanks for the comments really glad others like what im doing

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Fry's x14sz to a c20xe build 23 database queries in 0.0181320 seconds