corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuel Pressure Regulator and Coolant Pump Tuning!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel Pressure Regulator and Coolant Pump Tuning!!
davieo_04

User status: Offline
14th Jan 09 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there. I was wondering has anyone ever tried these simple mods.. I drive a 1.0 corsa...(I know) lol and i used to drive a 130bhp renault cause i had free insurance.. the drop in power.. im going to have to live with but i was going to try a cheap chip of ebay because my uncle built a rally car and got one of the bay for 25 quid and it makes the car far more lively in the top end (ae92 corolla gti). I was just wondering does anyone know where there water coolant pump is? Pics if possible?? and also has anyone ever fitted an uprated fuel pressure regulator to any of there cars and tweaked the pressure slightly?

Thanks
luke85

14th Jan 09 at 04:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What year is the corsa? The water pump is driven by the timing belt and not too sure why you think you can get any more power from messing with it?

Adjustable fuel pressure regulators are readily availabe and used (power boost valve is a bad example) but unless you have made it so your engine is sucking more air in then increasing the fuel will lose you power anyway, a richer mixture makes less power than a correct one and even less power than a lean mixture
AK

14th Jan 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont bother with either....
sxibeast

14th Jan 09 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put a bigger engine in!

are you 20valver btw?
Wrighty

14th Jan 09 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a windup surly?

coolant pump tuning??? heard it all now
davieo_04

14th Jan 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is 98!.. and actually im not intending to do anything to the water pump.. ('Wrighty' no windup- if you read the post you would know this - i said i am going to buy chip nothing about doing anything to the water pump and if you've heard it all now then you must have some nifty tricks in your car ) Basically the idea of the chip is to scramble signal going to the ecu so that the engine thinks it sucking in air at a different temperature thus giving it the idea that it needss to alter the fuel air mixture... I have experienced the chip and it defienatley does make a difference, not saying its magnificent but it helps. And i need to locate the water pump so that i can install the chip. Ideally the chip should be installed to the IAT ( Inlet Air Temperature Sensor) but as its a corsa i have to install it to the signal leads coming from the coolant temperature sensor. What do you think?..

Thanks for the help Luke85 i think it wouldn't be too hard to achieve more power from this or do you honestly think its a waste of time. I think i could get the mixture but just wanted to know would there be much difference, i know its a 1 litre corsa and its dead as f**k but every little helps lol

I would put a bigger engine but police are really clamping down and actually checking the cars round my area (Northern Ireland) recently.. They open the MOT centre over here and check your car i.e. suspension..(alot of 306 with no springs and on the bump stops at the rear) and i just couldn afford to declare it in tax bok and pay insurance for 1.4 or 1.6 atm

and no im not 20valver:S
sxibeast

14th Jan 09 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no point in one of those chips, they are crap and are a con!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuel Pressure Regulator and Coolant Pump Tuning!! 22 database queries in 0.0092950 seconds