corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car wont start need help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car wont start need help
tom50a

User status: Offline
12th Jan 09 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite my car hasnt been ideling rite for the last few days iv taken my manztel off and resealed that all and tryed a new throttle body went out in it just now after re fitting my manztel all seemed to be ok reves were fine as the engine started to heat up reves started to raise then when i engine was up to tempture i took it up to about 4grand and it made a funny noise and died and it wouldnt start again and when i turn it over it struggles to turn over and doesnt fire any ideas any 1
Craig P

12th Jan 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hi-Jack but i have the same problem except i havnt got a Powerbox.My ICV was/is fucked and it was revving to 4k,Then it came back from the Bodyshop last Week and it woudnt Start.

I think there is a Corsa Disease braking out

Nah but seriously im wondering weather the High Idleing is stopping our Cars from Starting?
tom50a

12th Jan 09 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye thats what mine was doing revein to 3k 4k i took the manztel off and obv didnt seal it rite and it reved up to 5k and took it off to day and tryed new throttal body and reseal all the manztel with new gaskets and better gasket sealer seemed to be good untill the engine warmed up then reved up to 2k 3k and then cut out this is reli pizzeling me im gunna try compresion test 2 moz it doesnt sound liek it turning over probly like its realy struggleing
Craig P

13th Jan 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snap again mine Sounds the Same.Im getting no Spark though

Also i Done a Compression Test and my Highest was 8ish and lowest 4ish so that is also not Good.But that shouldnt stop me getting a Spark so i think i have more then the 1 Fault
tom50a

13th Jan 09 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havnt checked any think yet was just seeing if any 1 had a better idea than i have
danward

13th Jan 09 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be the map sensor mate. Mine was pissing about with a funny idle for ages and eventually died. Couple of new hoses and a new map sensor and it was running like a beaut again. I have a spare one if your interested.
tom50a

13th Jan 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where does the map sensor belong dan
tom50a

13th Jan 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i jumped my car this moring and it started stright away but still idels funny but no where ear as bad as before any help now people ????
danward

13th Jan 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its teh small grey unit held on by two nuts in the center behind the engine. I had to unscrew mine to fit my Sparco strut brace. I t had a 3 pin socket and a whole for the breather hose.
tom50a

13th Jan 09 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i no what you mean

New Poll