corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Few questions about my new B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Few questions about my new B
Gazdaman

User status: Offline
11th Dec 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, just picked up my second 1.2 Corsa B.

My last one was a 1998 5 door GSI. This new one is a 1994 3 door Merit.
Today the washers packed up, the left one on the bonnet has nothing coming out. The one on the right was spraying from one hole, but not the other. Then after about an hour of driving the second hole came to life.

The rear washer also does nothing.

Are there any known causes for this? How should I fix it? I tried squirting a bit of WD40 down there, and mixed some screen wash into the water (which was full).

Also, the bonnet has got some pretty bad rust patches, so I'll probably buy another. Will any corsa B bonnet fit? Or is pre-97 different? Same question in relation to debadged grilles, so I need one specific for the earlier model?

Got some 15" alloys being picked up on saturday, and also got some 2L calipers that I never fitted to my old corsa that can go on this.

Just need some cheapy -40mm springs now.

My old B

My new project/run around.

Gaz
Rob R

11th Dec 08 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stick a pin down the washer holes, might be clogged up with crap
Corsa_Sport21

11th Dec 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gazdaman
Ok, just picked up my second 1.2 Corsa B.

My last one was a 1998 5 door GSI This new one is a 1994 3 door Merit.
Today the washers packed up, the left one on the bonnet has nothing coming out. The one on the right was spraying from one hole, but not the other. Then after about an hour of driving the second hole came to life.

The rear washer also does nothing.

Are there any known causes for this? How should I fix it? I tried squirting a bit of WD40 down there, and mixed some screen wash into the water (which was full).

Also, the bonnet has got some pretty bad rust patches, so I'll probably buy another. Will any corsa B bonnet fit? Or is pre-97 different? Same question in relation to debadged grilles, so I need one specific for the earlier model?

Got some 15" alloys being picked up on saturday, and also got some 2L calipers that I never fitted to my old corsa that can go on this.

Just need some cheapy -40mm springs now.

My old B

My new project/run around.

Gaz

Ben G

11th Dec 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

frozen...
Gazdaman

11th Dec 08 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, was GLS not GSI. Frozen was the first thing that crossed my mind too, surely it'd thaw out over the course of a day and a long journey?

I'll bust the pin out anyway.

Gaz
Corsa_Sport21

11th Dec 08 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry, was GLS not GSI. Frozen was the first thing that crossed my mind too, surely it'd thaw out over the course of a day and a long journey?

I'll bust the pin out anyway.

Gaz

Depends how cold it is.If its really cold and your driving into it,then itl just freeze up.

Oops just realised u said rear washer.

[Edited on 11-12-2008 by Corsa_Sport21]
daymoon
Premium Member

11th Dec 08 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have same problem with rear washer.. nothing helps.
Daveskater
Premium Member

11th Dec 08 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes my back washer takes forever for anything to come out, try using the front ones and then the back straight after, that worked for me last night Have a look at the pipe that goes into the boot roughly where the washer is, sometimes they split, which will cause nothing to come out.

Any bonnet will fit, although they do not make badgeless grilles for the pre-facelift bumpers. You can fit one on, but it will have gaps on the bottom corners. The alternative is to buy a new bumper and put the grille on, if you don't want the gaps.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Gazdaman

13th Dec 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah excellent. I'll probably buy a later model bumper in that case. This one's got a horrible black one. And I loved the debadged grille look. Just gotta keep an eye out for a flame red one.

Just fitted some 15" TSW alloys to my beast, loving it.

Gazdaman

15th Dec 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of new things turning up. When I steer left and accelerate the engine noise seems a lot louder. Any idea? Maybe it's just some noise reflecting off the back of the wheel? It's weird.

Doesn't do it if I'm not on the power.

Also, the outside temperature guage is knackered. Where abouts is the sensor and is it fixable?

3rdly the steering wheel shakes at about 65mph. Used to be 70mph but new wheels seems to have moved the vibes. I assumed a wheel was out of balance, but these are new wheels.

Any ideas?

Gaz
Gareth F

16th Dec 08 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My rear washer packed intwo months back so i got some speaker wire and striped the plastic off by an inch and threaded the copper wire into the washer jet hole, wiggled it about and tried it and it worked first time. Pins are too big, wire works a treat.
Shrek

16th Dec 08 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Couple of new things turning up. When I steer left and accelerate the engine noise seems a lot louder. Any idea? Maybe it's just some noise reflecting off the back of the wheel? It's weird.

Doesn't do it if I'm not on the power.

Also, the outside temperature guage is knackered. Where abouts is the sensor and is it fixable?

3rdly the steering wheel shakes at about 65mph. Used to be 70mph but new wheels seems to have moved the vibes. I assumed a wheel was out of balance, but these are new wheels.

Any ideas?

Gaz

Rear washer is likely to be a split pipe where it goes into the boot via top left corner as u face the back of the car.
The noise and vibration could be related, possibly the CV joint prob get it checked by someone if you dont know what your looking for, should be a clicking noise.
The ambient temp requires a new sensor most of the time, its behind the front bumper it can be got to without removing the bumper and its about 7 or 8 quid from vaux, u cant repair it only replace.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Few questions about my new B 23 database queries in 0.0140200 seconds