corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Phone Day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone Day
Andrew

User status: Offline
4th Dec 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I commute and do a bit of traveling for work. Was looking at getting a cradle for my phone but what other options do i have. Can i get a head unit that does sat nav, store MP3s and use it to make and receive calls?

My head unit has just gone fucked so need to do something with that atm. It appears to overhead as once you have been driving for a hr or so it won't play CDs.

I also got pulled for using the phone whilst driving down the motorway by an undercover police car, bitch

[Edited on 04-12-2008 by Andrew]
Ben G

4th Dec 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a parrot bluetooth unit. brilliant pieces of kit.

i used to have the bluetooth headunit in my fiesta, was a neat bit of kit but i didn't use it enough to justify the price.
CorsAsh

4th Dec 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have a single or double DIN?

I have a Pioneer F900 in the Mazda, does everything you mentioned and more besides. Lovely bit of kit.
Andrew

4th Dec 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Do you have a single or double DIN?

I don't know Need to pull it out when i get chance. The CD player has started to play up this week so was going to take it out and see if there is some sort of fan on the back.
Ben G

4th Dec 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can you not know?

your headunit is either standard size or twice the standard size

most ford's have double din's.
Andrew

4th Dec 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, it's a double din then

I don't know much about cars sorry
AndyKent

4th Dec 08 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just about to order a Parrot MKi9100 for my car.

If you phone has bluetooth you can connect it up and stream tracks, and it'll still cut out if a call comes through.

Handy thing with my N95 is that I've also got tomtom on it, so will be able to run sat-nav through the car speakers to tell me where to turn
deano87

4th Dec 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Parrot CK3000 Evolution in my car. It's good, and does the job, but at high speeds in a not very refined car, it's quite shite for the person on the other line. Also, it worked 100% fine with my Nokia 6300, but with my E51, it's a bit rubbish and doesn't ring through the speakers, but I can hear the caller when it has connected etc.

Headunits with Bluetooth built in but no external mic are a bit rubbish, as it's trying to pic your voice up from where your stereo is.

I recommend a Kenwood headunit, which is compatible with their own, in house Bluetooth kit which has an external mic. Much easier to fit and you just know it'll work well - no idea on what they're like with phone compatibility though.
Kurt

4th Dec 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a fiat.. 500 and grande both come with blue and me (built in blue tooth)
mattk

4th Dec 08 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blue & Me is fanfuckingtastic
corsa - gus

4th Dec 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a parrot, this may sound stupid but girls love it. Any female who is ever in my car comments on it.

Oh yeh, and they are the dogs dooda's if you talk a lot whilst driving
deano87

4th Dec 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
Get a parrot, this may sound stupid but girls love it. Any female who is ever in my car comments on it.

Oh yeh, and they are the dogs dooda's if you talk a lot whilst driving

Do you find at high speeds the caller on the other end can't really understand you?

Also, with my Parrot, my phone recognises it as a headset, not a car kit
corsa - gus

4th Dec 08 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that I can think of, mine is clear as a whistle really. The only downside to them is when you have a car load of people and the caller says something they really shouldnt
deano87

4th Dec 08 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be the shitty Corsa windscreen seal at a 12v revving its nuts off at 70mph.
Fad

4th Dec 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
I have a Parrot CK3000 Evolution in my car. It's good, and does the job, but at high speeds in a not very refined car, it's quite shite for the person on the other line. Also, it worked 100% fine with my Nokia 6300, but with my E51, it's a bit rubbish and doesn't ring through the speakers, but I can hear the caller when it has connected etc.

Headunits with Bluetooth built in but no external mic are a bit rubbish, as it's trying to pic your voice up from where your stereo is.

I recommend a Kenwood headunit, which is compatible with their own, in house Bluetooth kit which has an external mic. Much easier to fit and you just know it'll work well - no idea on what they're like with phone compatibility though.

Did you fit it yourself?
deano87

4th Dec 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

Did you fit it yourself?

The Parrot? Yes, piece of piss. Makes no difference to the connection quality etc. Mic is in the middle of the car as well missus says quality is fine when I'm doing 30mph or in traffic. Motorway speeds it's rubbish.

Why?
mattk

4th Dec 08 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mic is in the interior light, both people can still clearly hear each other at 100
Fad

4th Dec 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

Did you fit it yourself?

The Parrot? Yes, piece of piss. Makes no difference to the connection quality etc. Mic is in the middle of the car as well missus says quality is fine when I'm doing 30mph or in traffic. Motorway speeds it's rubbish.

Why?

Its just the quality of the Mic its just picking up too much background noise....or maybe you have fitted a big bore 4 to the 12v?
deano87

4th Dec 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

Why?

Its just the quality of the Mic its just picking up too much background noise....or maybe you have fitted a big bore 4 to the 12v?

no big bore.

I have put the mic exactly where they said, near the rear view mirror, not near the window. The wire also runs the only way it can, as they'd suggest.

Just a shit build quality, 10 year old, underpowered car.

Mind you, the built in Bluetooths the Salesman have at work in their BMW's is pretty rubbish too - I just think my missus expects too much.
Ben G

5th Dec 08 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

definitely your car deano my bluetooth in the fiesta wa fine even at 120mph
deano87

5th Dec 08 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Built in though anything retrofitted is going to be shite.
dannymccann

5th Dec 08 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my £40 single din headunit from Aldi with bluetooth and it streams tracks from my phone perfectly and cuts out for phonecalls
Russ 200sx

5th Dec 08 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a parrot ck3100 in my wagon an its the best thing i have bought, gonna get another for the car, my mate has one in his wagon too an both on the motorway at 56 mph its crystal clear
deano87

5th Dec 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame mine on the person that fit it then the mic cable does run under the electronic power steering rack though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Phone Day 22 database queries in 0.1059239 seconds