corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ALLOYS

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ALLOYS
~Corsa~

User status: Offline
27th Oct 08 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just phoned my insurance company.... if i get after market alloys on my car they WILL NOT insure me till im 25....

what if i was to get Vauxhall alloys, as in astra alloys or something, what happens then? .. i asked the women this and she wasnt english and i could understand her very well...
gianluigi

27th Oct 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ridiculous. find new insurers
~Corsa~

27th Oct 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

takes the piss dont it... i was like ' well surely you just put my insurance up' n they had none of it"! fucking churchill
gianluigi

27th Oct 08 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same happend to my ex. she bought a ka with non standard wheels and she done the right thing and told them the new car had alloys and they said they couldnt insure her. utterly stupid. so she cancelled the policy and went elsewhere
~Corsa~

27th Oct 08 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yet i told them about my backbox n system n they didnt care.. what the fuck lmao!
~Corsa~

27th Oct 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its ridiculous, but i have been with churchill 7 months n paid upfront. whether just to put alloys on n see what happens, i duno, not like they are going to make the car more dangerous lol!
gianluigi

27th Oct 08 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ~Corsa~
yet i told them about my backbox n system n they didnt care.. what the fuck lmao!

WTF that makes it even more confusing
gianluigi

27th Oct 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ~Corsa~
its ridiculous, but i have been with churchill 7 months n paid upfront. whether just to put alloys on n see what happens, i duno, not like they are going to make the car more dangerous lol!

no i dont get that at all. just put them on, as long as they aint 20" chrome things with elastic band tyres. in an accident i doubt an assessor would be too concerned.
~Corsa~

27th Oct 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no, i just give up with them. like exuast system increases power more than 4 bloody wheels do lol. ah well. phone em back n have a go
gianluigi

27th Oct 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell them you want to speak to somone english
205tom

27th Oct 08 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it will be because it will stand out more to theifs with alloys on (from an insurers point of view anyway) id stick with standard vauxhall stuff anyways,normally look classier than some halfords rims etc
Kevxx

27th Oct 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly why, they'll see the car as more appealing to steal with some rims, and with it being a corsa, already pretty easy to steal!

do it and deny it
~Corsa~

27th Oct 08 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i suppose, yeah might just either get some that arent over the top, or some nice vauxhall ones,
deano87

27th Oct 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost as bad as my £1300 INCREASE to lower -40mm.

Churchill are pretty wank for mods, and I'd question whether you were actually insured with the back box etc. Most companies allow for music installs etc.

I would have got cheaper insurance with Churchill this year, but I said about the alloys and they said no, not until 25.

The funny thing with my alloys, is they're exactly the same size as my steel wheels AND have Vauxhall/Thatcham Cat 1 locking wheel nuts. I said they would have been an optional extra and they still had non of it.
~Corsa~

27th Oct 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its ridiculous, like 1 pay 1200, fair enough if it went up a couple of hundred for alloys, but to plain refuse it, that just takes the piss.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ALLOYS 22 database queries in 0.0130889 seconds