corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Saxo VTS 100% standard so far

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Saxo VTS 100% standard so far
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
   29th Sep 08 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right used to have a corsa sport (X14XE) which i had for about a 1 1/2 years...loved and hated it...loved as it never EVER! skipped a beat...very general maintenance the whole time i had it, and was very healthy runabout, hated it for being too slow...so while i save up to get a c20xe in it the corsa went from looking like this:

to this:

which was really gutting, to add to that i'd just moved into my flat with the missus and had bills coming in left right and centre, so for 6 1/2 weeks i walked to work and back which felt so wierd after a good few years behind the wheel, while getting my payout of £1190 for the corsa and saving up i saw this:

W reg saxo VTS up for £2200 on the trader...abit out my budget at first but managed to knock the fellow down to £1800 and lend abit of my old man, well here she is:

pics aint great i know bit give a general idea, got a few ideas...and its all performance related lol...hoping to take her to the nurburgring next year (the corsa was meant to go once the redtop was in) but some how dont think it will make it!

Ash_EP3

29th Sep 08 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame about the corsa

Between the VTS/GTi I've always preferred the 106 in terms of looks I'm pretty sure that someone said that they are better to drive but anyways mate they are fairly nippy and I bet you love it in comparison to your old car!
flybikeslee

29th Sep 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shame bout the old corsa, saxo looks nice and clean, no gay lights on this one though!
corsa_rob

29th Sep 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
shame bout the old corsa, saxo looks nice and clean, no gay lights on this one though!

i know such a shame

lol...just for the record lee like i told you before the lights were on it when i got it and never bothered to take them off like...saxo isnt too bad few scratches which are light and small dings...lump sounds health...just miss my exhaust sound that was on my lill corsa...was a deep subtle sound from sebring back box...now got a lill rasp from the standard saxo kit hehe..

loving the civic btw...went to nurburgring with one last year and he did pretty good round the track for a 17 year old...was really low his...but yours looks lovely man! keep it up
Combo

30th Sep 08 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice saxo mate i have a mint condition silver 52 plate vtr, aswell as my combo van.
Get yourself onto www.saxosportsclub.com friendly bunch who know there stuff.
FruitBooTeR

30th Sep 08 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice mate whats it like on petrol or dare I ask
rodgers-nova

30th Sep 08 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get that french baget out ov my site! :L
corsa_rob

30th Sep 08 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Looks nice mate whats it like on petrol or dare I ask

well bad time to ask really...£40 so far since thursday evening but ive just been driving it hard lots to see what it can do really! i think i could get a good 35mpg as the torque thats there pulls it nice and earlier can change gear at 2000rpm/3000rpm easy and still get places when chilling like might strip out rear and give it abit of a mpg run

loving it though just skint and already want to order stuff
corsa_rob

30th Sep 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rodgers-nova
get that french baget out ov my site! :L

haha i half agree to be honest mate...its defo french tat but its cool...finding nice corsa's for sale is a tough one these days...current thinking of a corsa cab project hehe
corsa_rob

9th Oct 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well next thursday was due to see a closed induction kit and some new brakes...BUT! the frenchness of the car is showing...inner cv boot has a pin hole it it so needs sorting out, and as of today my battery light has started flicking on and off...its holding a full charge and the alternator is working, just a dodge connection i think

So im now looking at maybe the induction kit, sorting problems and tax
mattk

9th Oct 08 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at your alternator, its low down at the front, you cant miss it

disconnect the battery, loosen and remove the bolt on the connection to the alternator, then clean that connection with sandpaper or wirewool to make it shiny again, then connect back up

My VTR used to do it, the connection gets full of water and salt when it rains and corrodes the connection, the result is as you said.... a shite connection
corsa_rob

10th Oct 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sound mate...loving the direction to the alternator...i was abit stuck yesterday went out into the countryside with a mate...trying to guess what my knocking was...looking like passenger side track rod end...just gonna renew both next day off..will smooth connect same day...strange that it only does it on the motorway or high revs though...guess its at its most at that point though.

A groovy light disco battery light will be lost though

cheers for tip
corsa_rob

13th Oct 08 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some plans together now, includingin no real order:

1.) Enclosed induction kit (raceland or other)
2.) Bilstein B8 suspension with Faulkner Springs 45mm drop
3.) 4-2-1 manifold and full exhaust system (maybe decat not sure yet or a catback system)
4.) Better brakes, standard arent too good! are alittle worn though...maybe a 306gti-6 upgrade or other pug model brakes
5.) Quickshift+gear linkages uprated
6.) Some nice fresh toyo proxes
7.)kent/cat cams with a little headwork

8.)!!! Trip to the Nurburgring

Looking to go over early next year.
Probably sell it by next winter for either a 106Gti (prefer the styling) OR an XE Corsa project...still miss corsa's

corsa_rob

14th Oct 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the track rod end's replaced tonight...even though on closer inspection, they were in fine working order...need to find out what my knocking is now! :@

mattk- anymore directions on this connect...i smoothed it up today, and still nothing??? have i got the right thing? its a little washer thing like hooks on to the alternator???

tomora should hopefully to the inner cv done, with tracking as its so far out i have to have 2 hands on the steering wheel or i die

wierd moment tonight...sorting out problems with the saxo and sat on my parents drive is the corsa laughing at me...if it wasnt so twisted it would still be a sound working car...with a healthy little lump considering a corsa with conversion done on it...maybe a 1.8 or just a healthy little c20xe
Corsa_Scotty

14th Oct 08 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

French Tat FTW would have my C2 over a focus or Corsa D etc any day Plans sound promising
corsa_rob

15th Oct 08 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Scotty
French Tat FTW would have my C2 over a focus or Corsa D etc any day Plans sound promising

i dont think new cars all any good at all...guessing the C2 is the new saxp sp all is good there...plans are to make the most out of the lump and car in general...and think they the ideas will defo do this tbh...still want a 106 GTi thoguh but everything is interchangeable cud never have a focus and my corda D courtesy car was a joke!
corsa_rob

16th Oct 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the track rod ends replaced for good measure, and took it into a garage to get the inner cv and tracking done (didnt have the time to do it myself)...cars nice now tracking is all in juse have 2 problems left....one battery light that is starting to come on more often will investigate tomora morning! and the 2nd being a knocking on steering which im thinking is an antiroll bar bush that is on its way out...once all is sorted first thing is to get it sounding abit more like a sporty little number (SLAG!) as it sounds like a little crappy 1.1 at the moment with standard exhaust and inlet...should get it breathing a little better too...but might just spunk all my dosh with the bilstein kit now...looking at a B8 kit with some 45mm springs...should be slammage but without it being silly...i still want it to handle well!

and a car isnt mine till i lower it to that perfect height tbh

battery light...anyone got any idea's??? my alternator belt is slipping a little on start up so may just replace this with bush around the weekend and see if the disco little goes from my dash...have a little bit of a play today with a audi tdi estate thing...look like a nice car...nice torque pulled it well...but he still managed to appear in my rear view mirror faster than i expected
FruitBooTeR

12th Nov 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fixed the problems yet mate?

Could the knocking be and outer cv?

Id just drop it off at a garage and say fix

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Saxo VTS 100% standard so far 23 database queries in 0.0162780 seconds