corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b 1.0 12v juddering / idle issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b 1.0 12v juddering / idle issue
liamgallagher1994

User status: Offline
9th Sep 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i first start my car in the morning it idles at 1.5k and somethimes when im driving and come to stop at a junction it dips way below 1k and starts juddering for afew secounds and then goes back to normal Any ideas???
Fonz
Premium Member

9th Sep 08 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your idle control valve is not calibrated

try resetting the ECU
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=44965

and then go for a "normal" drive that with teach the ICV what position it should sit in and face fix it.

worked for me but i read on hear others had to get thiers cleaned (filled with crap) or replaced. for minimum effort worth trying before you go to any expense
deano87

9th Sep 08 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top tip Fonz mine does this, only in the wet though
deano87

9th Sep 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an alarm though
harrisp

9th Sep 08 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamgallagher1994
When i first start my car in the morning it idles at 1.5k and somethimes when im driving and come to stop at a junction it dips way below 1k and starts juddering for afew secounds and then goes back to normal Any ideas???

I have a idle control valve you can have to see if it works, i will even fit it for you if you can't do it.
l15ter

9th Sep 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deano87 mine started of doing it only in the rain, but it is the ICV, can try resetting ECU, but i just cleaned mine with carb cleaner, works fine now, never had a problem since
deano87

9th Sep 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
deano87 mine started of doing it only in the rain, but it is the ICV, can try resetting ECU, but i just cleaned mine with carb cleaner, works fine now, never had a problem since

Interesting. I have fitted another before free from warren.g, but it didn't work and actually threw up EML. I'll take mine off and give it a clean.

u2u'd.

[Edited on 09-09-2008 by deano87]
l15ter

9th Sep 08 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u deano87

New Poll